beginner in the tablet market

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by noddy.021, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noddy.021

noddy.021 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a 10 year old son and am thinking of getting him a tablet for xmas can't afford ipad have been looking at a no. on ebay and amazon circa €100 - € 150
    any recommendations advice ?

2. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

don't bother with one of the entertainment tablets... if he doesn't already have one, buy him a ipod touch either used, or possibly new (black friday should have a few good deals no matter what you are looking for, so maybe wait until then to see what is going for how much)

3. Stan S.

Stan S. Scribbler - Standard Member

Do they have black friday in the euro-zone? Though, as a parent whose kid has had computer access since two, a PC since 8 (in the family room with the screen visible on a desktop with passwords and limited authority) and now a college student studying Aerospace, we gave books, Gameboys , board games, Simon, and no cell phone until 15 (unheard of these days).

4. jbenham

jbenham Pen Pal - Newbie

Bought my iPod Touch the day after Christmas. Too late for you, probably, but good deals then. They have come down some in price since then. Do not know what the conversion rate to US dollars is but if you are looking for a Tablet you would want to spend a bit more then $250. Although they do have a Velocity Cruz today on Woot for $75. It is not a bad device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.