beating my head against a wall

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Mydixiwrecked00, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mydixiwrecked00

Mydixiwrecked00 Scribbler - Standard Member

so.. i have a tm2 with a brand new 256gig ssd on a fresh bare bones load running 8 gigs of ram.The laptop was replaced in june by HP and the drive and ram happened a month ago. this things a rocket on everything i do.. EXCEPT my estimating software. anytime i use it the machine screeches to an almost unuseable halt. just opening the software requires a couple not responging messages. i can usuall crank out a report or 2 then have to run file clean up and a reboot to do 2 more. occasionally i get an " out of memory" error. i spend the better part of half my nightly free time with the softwares tech department and they keep telling me its a hardware issue, but my computer and our i t guy both say theres nothing wrong on this end. id buy a new tablet at this point but there is not much out there.
    Any ideas?

2. Mydixiwrecked00

Mydixiwrecked00 Scribbler - Standard Member

Update from the software developer. Issue lies in Microsoft .net framework. Turns out there is some kind of memory leak in the .net soft ware associated with tablets. Went to the fix from Microsoft. Fix will not work on my tablet. Says no update is applicable. If the software worked on any other operating system without having to run a virtual machine that still has the same windows issues I'd have switched over a long time ago.. Very aggravated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.