BE CAREFUL OF BUYING ON EBAY!!!!

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by hiliard4, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiliard4

hiliard4 Pen Pal - Newbie

hey just a word of warning be careful of buying on eBay let me say some seller's have good reps there and stand behind what they sell ,, but eBay has been flood with bad sellers they list stuff as new and when you get it its used , they have got smart on the shipping charges and over charge you on the shipping and the it cost you more to ship stuff back than its worth to them ,the buyer protection is a joke, just don't take my word for it look at the new ebay Rules & policies just look at the sellers feedback before buying and make sure its a high number and its 97 or greater just a warning to all

thatcomicsguy and ron2k_1 like this.
  2. dr.death

dr.death Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks!

3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I've had a few bum eBay experiences, but for the most part, my positive experiences outweigh the negative by 10 to 1. (More actually. I've done more than 50 transactions on eBay, but can only recall a couple where the seller was a dick).

But yes, some basic cautions are required. You can look through the comments section of a seller's rating to see what previous buyers had to say about their experience with them.

And always take note of the shipping costs before bidding.

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Thanks for the warning, and welcome to the forum! I hope that you were trying to buy a tablet, and that you will be back once you succeed. :)

5. yongwilson

yongwilson Pen Pal - Newbie

We have a zero-tolerance policy against sellers who market stolen or pirated goods, and those selling said goods may find themselves blocked upon their first offense. If it isn't legal, don't post it for sale...and please ask a moderator beforehand if you have any questions about your item or the legality of selling it.

6. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Do you work for ebay?

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

7. Tcavell

Tcavell Pen Pal - Newbie

Coming from a seller on Ebay,

Ebay is 100% for the buyer. I have sold 1000 plus items on eBay.

The new Buyer protection is an awesome thing but is abused constantly. In the past 2 months I have 70+ sales. All the items were described perfectly. I have had 20 or so returns. 13 Were I don't want it returns which are fine. 7 Were people returning something completely different then what they bought or trying to ransom me with messages of (I'll file a claim if I don't get $100, or I will give you negative FB if you don't give me money)

Of the 7 bad 3 ended up returning empty boxes but eBay refunds them anyways and you have to file police reports and mail fraud claims to even get ebay to look at your case.

Ebay now allows returns within 30 days no matter what the seller's description says. If the seller refuses eBay refunds the buyer and does not require the buyer to send it back (If no communication from the seller)

Also the second a buyer puts in a claim for return(Which happens constantly because people don't want to miss the 30 day window because if they open the claim it extends it another 15 days or so) it withdraws the money from the sellers account and eBay then gets to earn interest on your money while everything is resolved.

Just my 2 cents. Yes there are bad sellers but there are plenty of bad buyers to match... And the buyer will always be able to get their money back and ebay forces the seller to pay return shipping if the buyer says it is not as described even if they are lying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.