Battery Life Thinkpad 8

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by 2disbetter, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2disbetter

2disbetter Function over Form

Is anyone seeing the 8 hours of battery life advertised?

Chime in...

2d

2. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Simple, No is the answer
    6-6.5 hours maximum not even 7 hours.
    It's simple the main disadvantage of the this tablet.
    I think we must wait with the second generation of 8' windows tablet until will see the premium, top build quality tablet with excellent full HD screen but at least and minimum 8 real battery life.
    Meanwhile I order iPad mini retina with the top class battery life of 10 hours and thinking to stay only with my surface pro 2 as the only windows tablet and give my Asus Note 8 first and maybe the thinkpad because I m not happy with that horrible battery life.

3. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo The Navy Guy

Best i got was 6:35 with an average around 6. If i game on it i see 4-5. It is not a killer to me as i just bought it to have a nice premium portable device.

4. 2disbetter

2disbetter Function over Form

Disclaimer: I despise Apple and their walled garden approach. But mainly I dislike their audacity in comparing anything they sell to a Windows computer. That being said, if you love Apple, and just can't get enough of the glitter, you should probably just stop right here.

[Rant]

To each there own, but me personally I find I'm offended to even hear Apple anything in connection with a windows device. If battery life is so important to you that you're willing to give up productivity, then you've made a good choice. But I'm not going to give up that productivity (I mean you have a full computer in that 8" frame.) just because it is 1-2 hours away from 8 hours.

I mean we are talking about the full library of windows software available for use. We are talking about full MS Office, not some hobbled together approximation of it. We are talking about full IDEs, photoshop, etc.

This is not a toy, but a computer. All 6.5 hours of it.

[/Rant]

2d

5. alextrela182

Well let me tell you how I see it.
    First of all my surface pro 2 with much much better specs, screen with Wacom and having 6-6.5 hours of working and I'm really pleased with the battery life.
    How can be much smaller device like thinkpad 8 without Wacom, with Bay Trail CPU and not Haswell i5 with less memory and having the same battery live as my surface!!
    Do you see that normal for an 8' device.
    For me no I don't see that.

I really like the thinkpad but what I do is criticized the Lenovo with that poor battery life, because when been announced at CES 2014 they said that would be 8 hours.
    That's why I will give eventually my Asus and having mini retina and keeping thinkpad.

6. alextrela182

If the thinkpad 8 had 8-9 hours I would have stay only with my surface and Lenovo and nothing else.
    For now I prefer to have the mini retina as my device for gaming and surfing most of all and the all other things with my 2 windows tablet.
    And must mention that not having at all any kind of laptop or desktop any more.

7. PrznMovieFan

PrznMovieFan Pen Pal - Newbie

Also, I'd say the other issue is its not really consistent with the market at all. Most other 8'' tablets in this generation with the exception of the ASUS one all get around 7-8 hours. Regardless of better materials and specs, the Thinkpad offering lower battery life at a higher premium price is unacceptable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.