battery life on HP Pavilion X2 (2016) 12 inch - help!!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by angelix, Jun 22, 2017.

1. angelix

angelix Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having issues I cannot find a solution for and I wonder if anyone here in the forum can spare some advice.

I got this new HP Pavilion X2 (2016) 12 inch which I am sort of happy with (had WIFI issues and had to be replaced once) , anyway all works preatty well with expetion of the battery management.

basically when the X2 is on all is OK and I get the average standard battery life. The problem is when I turn it OFF, no matter what porodedure I follow there is always a constant battery drain, 5% day, maybe more.

I use the laptop randomly and everytime the battery is 100% DEAD.

I charge it and I can use it for 5 hours straight.

I turn it off and 3 weeks later is dead. All is up to date (Bios, WIN10, Drivers), this happens no matter what sistem I use to turn it off either by pressing the Button or by SW.

Any ideas? Please?

Small Rant:
    I am really annoyed, I always sponsored HP and always was let down, this was the last attempt (I really like the tablet) but I am determined this will be the last HP machine I ever buy.

2. angelix

angelix Pen Pal - Newbie

To add some more details, I tried to HYBERNATE and in 24hs the loss was 0% (zero)

weird, really werd.

I dont mind to hybernate instead of switching off, nevertheless I really find this behaviour quite peculiar.

At the moment I am travelling, but on my return I will see what the HP customer service has to say and I will post their findings.

3. angelix

angelix Pen Pal - Newbie

well, after playing with my HP Pavilion X2 (2016) for some time I can definitively say there is something weird.

by Hybernating it the power drain goes down considerably but it is still there, from a 5% a day to a 5% a week +/-

Now the VERY peculiar thing.... I contacted the HP customer service using the online support system and after explaining the issue and being offered a "bios Upgrade" I was told the battery drain is absolutely normal and it has been built in the design so basically it works the way it is supposed to.

Are they serious? I am sorry but that is nonsense to me, maybe here in the forum someone better informed could explain to me this principle and shed some light on this matter?