battery life on HP Pavilion X2 (2016) 12 inch - help!!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by angelix, Jun 22, 2017.

1. angelix

angelix Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having issues I cannot find a solution for and I wonder if anyone here in the forum can spare some advice.

I got this new HP Pavilion X2 (2016) 12 inch which I am sort of happy with (had WIFI issues and had to be replaced once) , anyway all works preatty well with expetion of the battery management.

basically when the X2 is on all is OK and I get the average standard battery life. The problem is when I turn it OFF, no matter what porodedure I follow there is always a constant battery drain, 5% day, maybe more.

I use the laptop randomly and everytime the battery is 100% DEAD.

I charge it and I can use it for 5 hours straight.

I turn it off and 3 weeks later is dead. All is up to date (Bios, WIN10, Drivers), this happens no matter what sistem I use to turn it off either by pressing the Button or by SW.

Any ideas? Please?

Small Rant:
    I am really annoyed, I always sponsored HP and always was let down, this was the last attempt (I really like the tablet) but I am determined this will be the last HP machine I ever buy.

2. angelix

angelix Pen Pal - Newbie

To add some more details, I tried to HYBERNATE and in 24hs the loss was 0% (zero)

weird, really werd.

I dont mind to hybernate instead of switching off, nevertheless I really find this behaviour quite peculiar.

At the moment I am travelling, but on my return I will see what the HP customer service has to say and I will post their findings.