Bamboo Stylus Feel Discontinued?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by DRTigerlilly, Mar 12, 2017.

1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Did Wacom discontinue the Bamboo Stylus Feel & carbon pens?

Can't seem to find them on the US site, though I see the Bamboo Stylus Feel for Galaxy Note deviceso_O

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Wacom moves in mysterious ways. Have you tried Amazon, Staples or Office Depot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  3. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Honestly it makes sense they would discontinue it since its not really supported by any new products.

The Windows 2-in Market has shifted almost unilaterally to Wacom AES technology....or ES based competitors. And for Wacom that market is now served by the ES based Bamboo Smart Pen (for 2 in 1s). And Samsung Products that use EMR Tech are supported by the EMR Bamboo Smart Pen (for Samsung). And given the change in Nib assembly and pressure output on the new S-pen Systems, the older Bamboo Feel pens wouldn't work nearly as well...and itself the market presence of the Smart Pen leaves that Feel pen redundant.

4. DRTigerlilly

I get ya! :(

5. violajack

violajack Scribbler - Standard Member

So is the smart pen significantly better than the feel? I'd like a full size pen for my note 8 and Chromebook plus, but the Thinkpad pen I'm using now has a bad offset.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

6. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That offset is because of the change in the physical nib assembly. The Note 8 was technically the older S-pen generation so the Bamboo Feel (For Galaxy) would be the more ideal pen to use, but the newer Bamboo Smart Pen should work much better for the Note 8 & Chromebook over any of the Thinkpad EMR pens. At least as far as the offset is concerned.....for art uses you may have pressure/initial activation force issues with the Note 8.

7. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

YUP.

I have both the Feel and the Smart. Feel is better for older devices, the Smart better for newer ones, due to offset.

8. violajack

violajack Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks. Resurrecting the Note 8 was more of a "just to see if I can" thing than a device I'll probably use a lot. The battery in it is toast right now anyway. Right now, I'm between continuing to use the Thinkpad Tablet 2 as my (music teaching) studio machine or switching to the chromebook. I guess I'll pay the extra $10 for the smart.

9. DRTigerlilly

so outside of Samsung, it's safe to say Wacom is done with EMR.

Contacted them about the replacement nibs for my Toshiba, they have directed me to Toshiba...which means that's a dead end right there...

They don't have any products/styluses they consider compatible.

They don't have any Bamboo Stylus Feel nibs in stock and are unlikely to be replacing them. and they are not interchangeable with the Bamboo Smart or Bamboo Stylus Feel for Galaxy Note Devices nibs.

10. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

Since EMR is Wacoms core technology, I would think EMR is here to stay as long as Wacom is.

Wacom tends not support their older devices. My Cinitq Hybird was abandoned before they stopped selling it. IMHO Wacom is lacking in customer support at times.

As far as nibs go, your best source will probably be Amazon or Ebay. I found a Toshiba Lifebook pen on Ebay recently for really cheap.

The Lifebook Nibs look to be the same as the Older Intuos and Pro Nibs, as I am able to swap between them.

The Bamboo Feel Nibs (Samsung) look to be the same as the Older S-Pen (fat) and S-Pen w Eraser, as I am able to swap between them.

I hope this helps.