Bamboo/Intuos with tablet PCs?

Discussion in 'Software' started by hulloworld, Jan 28, 2016.

1. hulloworld

hulloworld Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone tried to use a Bamboo or Intuos graphics tablet along with other tablet PCs? Including Wacom, Wacom AES, Surface Pro? Thanks.

2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

I have! I'm probably the only one 'round these parts. :p It's not a super common thing.

I use a Bamboo tablet with my T901, which is Wacom EMR. Was there something specific you wanted to know?

3. hulloworld

Thanks for the reply. I guess, does it work OK? I have used a Cintiq with mine and it's fine. But I have heard of problems with Intuos or Bamboo and other types of tablet PCs like Surface Pro. I guess that makes sense. Just wondering if it can be done.

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Intuos 3 was my gateway drug to Tablet PCs

5. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I used to use my Wacom Intuos w/ my Fujitsu Stylistics when they were in their docking stations.

6. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Generally speaking, the answer is yes, it works fine, and that would have been the extent of my answer last month. However, I recently decided to upgrade my Wacom driver and it turns out the most recent batch (7.3.x-xx) aren't compatible with the Bamboo at all. Like, installing those drivers killed the Bamboo so thoroughly it couldn't even be used as a generic mouse. Reinstalling the Bamboo drivers brought it back, but killed my ability to use the second button on my tablet pc pen. :mad:

This might be a special case, since my Bamboo tablet is super old, a first generation Bamboo. In any case, older Wacom drivers (7.2.x-xx and down) work fine, so that's what I have now.

I'm not familiar with Wacom AES drivers (if there are any?) nor how graphics tablets interact with Ntrig devices, so I don't know if there would be driver conflicts there. I want to say no, but I still have no idea why the 7.3.x drivers hate my Bamboo.

hulloworld likes this.
  7. hulloworld