Axiotron or Wacom Pen

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Deracus, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deracus

Deracus Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi

i´m about to buy a better pen for my tablet.
    Right now i am not sure, if i should buy the Axiotron Pen or the PL-900 Pen from Wacom.

Does it make a difference? Is the pressure sensitivity of wacom pen enabled tablets dependent on the tablet or the pen?

Which one is of better quality?
    Or is there no difference at all?

I could get an axiotron with a couple of different tips for around 50€, the PL900 is at about 60€

2. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you mean this axiotron modbook studio pen items, then yes, get that one. I have it and it is super nice, it seems even more accurate than the standard one, it has a great pressure curve, the eraser is great, and the double switch is great (plus it is a great size for comfortable use)

again, this pen is great!

3. Deracus

Deracus Pen Pal - Newbie

yep, i mean the studio pen.
    Thanks....then it´s going to be that one ;)

4. PhotoMuis

PhotoMuis Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, I highly recommend the Studio Pen too. As far as I know the levels of pressure sensitivity is the same, but the pressure curve is really fantastic (one can tweak the pressure curve in various ways for the "normal" pen too, but the Axiotron just works lovely right out of the box.) For instance, drawing very soft lines: With my Fujitsu pen, I really have to concentrate to keep the pressure of my hand very light, else it behaves as if I am working with a pen where the ink suddenly leaks out - i.e. nice thin line and then suddenly blob of ink. With the Axiotron, the transition from thin to thick lines as I gradually press harder is ultra-smooth and pretty natural.

5. Deracus

Deracus Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks again. i bought one from ebay already :) hope to have fun with it :)
    Comes at a fair price point considering all the spare tips you get along with it :)

6. comic_craig

comic_craig Pen Pal - Newbie

Agent 9- can I take it from your earlier post "If you mean this axiotron modbook studio pen items, then yes, get that one..." that axiotron made more then one pen and not all pens are of the same quality? I saw this link for buying a pen and was wondering how the Modbook 100 Standard Digitizer Pen rates?:
    Axiotron ModBook 100 standard programmable side... (AC1001) at OWC

7. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

A user here (electronbee) posted this picture a while back to show the difference of the pens. the top one is the Axiotron Studio pen I recommended; the next one is basically what the Axiotron "standard" pen you were looking at. and the last one is the standard Tablet PC pen (that one specifically is from the HP Tm2)
    [​IMG]

The one you shared a link to will not fit in any Tablet PC pen silo (unless you get the modbook, or a Tablet PC with the exact same size silo, which is unlikely) the one you brought up has all the attributes of a standard Tablet PC pen (there is no advantage over the pen that comes with your Tablet PC)

On the other hand the Axiotron Studio Pen is a much more ergonomic pen; with a much better pressure sensitivity curve, a very nice dual switch on the side, and a very nice eraser.

the only option for a good Tablet PC pen is the Axiotron Studio pen (you will probably have to buy it on e-bay because they seem to be the only ones who ever have it in stock; and it is far cheaper)

8. comic_craig

Thank you Agent 9- great description and helpful. Got my Studio Pen on ebay today.

9. comic_craig

I now am the proud owner of both a Lenovo X201t and a Axiotron pen. My problem is now driver issues. Before I made any changes- the pen that came with my tablet worked- except the right click didn't register (it brings up the symbol of a circle....like its cycling). I then tried the following driver:
    Tablet PC - Software
    This allowed for the Axiotron pen to be recognized.... but it would only work in landscape view andI plan to work in Portrait view. I read that Fujitsu driver might do the job- so I installed that driver. I also turned off hold for right click (it didn't seem to be working anyways, and I read that it can cause issues). Now everything is almost perfect- I can use the Axiotron pen, it reads in all views.... but no right click. I can set the pen button to other commands- pop up menus, alt, cntrl... but right click just doesn't seem to work. If anyone has a suggestion on how to get the right click up and going- please let me know.

10. hello.world

hello.world Pen Pal - Newbie

how can I tell if an Axiotron is compatible with mine? it's a tc4400.

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.