Awesome touch-friendly desktop

Discussion in 'Software' started by singisumina, Aug 25, 2010.

1. jonpet

jonpet Scribbler - Standard Member

thanks, 1 more question: What panel is the programs panel, The one with word-trash etc. Ive gone through them all and cant find it.

Too bad that it doesnt take icons from the programs itself like rocketdock. Tried the launch panel and if i change name\program patch it doesnt inherit the programs icon. Think i have to play with it some more.

Also clickthrough seems to be a good option to manage files on the desktop.

Used stardock fences before, but seems it has some problems now with tablets.

2. singisumina

singisumina Pen Pal - Newbie

To answer your question about the alternative Program launcher, you can find it as the general panel named "Launcher" (no mouse-over feature) or, also please re-read the earlier post to find the specific one I'm using:
    Omnimo seems to be a make-over/super-customization for your desktop, so it makes sense that it doesn't automatically link to non-black/white icons... In other words, it's meant for people who want to really customize the look/feel of their desktop, and remember Rainmeter itself was not built solely with Tablet PC's in mind! I just stumbled upon Omnimo2 and it just so happened to be super tablet-friendly :D In fact, other skins on Rainmeter reconceptualize how people use their desktops aside from just Omnimo - it even makes the whole Shortcut thing kind of obsolete altogether...check out the original Enigma theme (included in the Rainmeter installer or check it out here).

You can definitely use default-style (white) program icons that link to programs and/or make your own unique ones! Either use the ones from the two below, or use simple Photoshop to resize the icon and make it white/whatever color you want. Google is your friend :)
    1. Black Paint Splatter Icons
    2. _ecqlipse_2_by chrfb

Cheers!

P.S. If you're good with code, and interested in customizing your very own Rainmeter skin (and/or tweaking Omnimo2), check out the Rainmeter forums for guides and tips: Rainmeter Forums. You can blend different skins, use panels from one and not another, and use colors, etc. all by some minor tweaks! I find that Rainmeter is fun just because of that ultra-flexibility~

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. jonpet

jonpet Scribbler - Standard Member

im looking into different skins,

But see they keep teasing about omnimo 3 with resizable panels and icons fixed.

Now the panels are a little too big for the tm2, so the next one should be a good choice.

4. singisumina

Yeahh I had to scrunch panels around my 12" X201T... If you use the arrangement that I have from my screenshot, it should fit on your tm2 screen :)

For those of you interested, the Omnimo3 teaser/info can be found here:

Website link: fediafedia - Omnimo 3

[​IMG]

5. mrsamo

mrsamo Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,

I've also got a tablet which I'm trying to get rainrez to change the resolution from portrait to landscape (and back again) with no success:

"Unable to located the theme named

Please check rainrez.cfg"

My rainrez config. file looks like this:

[RainRez]
    PathToRainmeterExe=C:\Program Files\Rainmeter
    PathToRainmeterIni=C:\Users\sam\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter
    PathToRainThemesExe=C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Addons\RainThemes
    PathToThemes=C:\Users\sam\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Themes
    [Themes]
    1024x768=Omnimo2
    768x1024=Omnimo2port

In my "C:\Users\sam\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Themes" folder I can see both themes "Omnimo2" and "Omnimo2port".

Both have rainmeter.thm files :

"[Rainmeter]
    TrayExecuteDL=!execute [!RainmeterActivateConfig "WP7\Gallery" "gallery.ini"]
    SkinPath=C:\Users\sam\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
    [Statistics]
    Since=Wed Mar 24 20:13:27 2010
    ....etc"

What's strange is that in my Skins folder under "c:\users\sam\My Documents\rainmeter\skins\", the folder is called "WP7", there's no "omnimo2" or "omnimo2port".

Could you advice what is wrong?

THanks!

6. singisumina

Hmm....I think you should check the forum post (look at Page 2) on RainRez - it pretty much walks you through step-by-step! I'm not entirely sure what is going wrong there - it sounds like you might not have used RainThemes to save your own theme & then you didn't change the file name in the RainRez code file. But that was probably more confusing than following the step-by-step instructions found on the forum (here's the link!): RainRez Forum - Page 2

7. sudermatt

sudermatt Scribbler - Standard Member

bump....I get my laptop in two days and I don't want to lose track fo this thread

8. singisumina

Annnd it's out! You can download it here:Omnimo 3.1

For those of you still using Rainmeter 1.2, don't forget to upgrade to Rainmeter 1.3!

============
    Preview below:

[​IMG]

9. n1nj4Lo

n1nj4Lo Tha infamous n1nj4Lo

10. tiffanythegeek

tiffanythegeek Pen Pal - Newbie