Away Not Available

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by P8RSON, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

I am going to be MIA for the next little while. I will still respond to PM's. I have a huge clump of scholastic issues piling up, and can't afford to constantly post here for the next 2-3 weeks at least.

Thanks everyone, hopefully i will see you soon.

EDIT: I am trying to find someone willing to help maintain my Linux threads. PM me if you are willing.

2. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I'll be on and around the PCT most of the weekend. It's a short trip this time, but they'll get longer as I get back in long distance hiking shape.

3. leaftye

I may be out on the trail for the next couple of weeks.

4. leaftye

I'm glad to have been part of this community, but I'm about to embark on yet another walk across the nation that will keep me away until about the end of the year. Instead of walking along the Pacific Crest Trail to Canada for my own personal goals, this one is along roads and highways as an activist. I don't want to push activism or politics here, so I won't make the full link, but if you're interested in following along, our blog is www . occupywalk . org and you can get a link to our Facebook page if you want to discuss this further. This is actually kind of tablet pc related though. Because we got a late start in planning (planning properly can take years), our maps are incomplete. I'm bringing my Fujitsu U820 on the first part of the trip to complete the maps. I'll be using Garmin Basecamp/Mapsource and Bluebeam PDF Revu to annotate the maps before printing them...which reminds me that I need to transfer the software from my T4210.

5. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

I'm going to be largely offline over the next week or so while I am on travel with my family. With jnj and the others on the prowl, I know that the forums will be in good hands.

Be back (likely) late next week.

6/12/14 - I'm back.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015