AVTN8 - WiDi drivers, chipset? Any success with dongles/miracast?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by garagebattle, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garagebattle

garagebattle Pen Pal - Newbie

Had nothing but problems with the Microsoft wireless display adapter.

Im now trying a Actiontec ScreenBeam Mini 2. Still a little flaky, but better than the MS adapter (less artifacts).

Trying to get wifi playing nice with bluetooth and widi has been a challenege.

Also are there any updates/drivers for the WiDi device? Any other information about which chipset we have?

2. fogmod

fogmod Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same problem with Microsoft wireless display, have you find any drivers which solve the problem with artifacts?

3. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Just curious, were all the problems related to artifacting?

My main problem was that I need to reset to WiFi card to get it scan for Miracast adapters after waking from sleep. I believe this is a driver issue. Did you guys use the stock Intel drivers?

4. fogmod

fogmod Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't have any problems finding the adapter, only the artifacts.
    I'm using Asus drivers but would like to get help with finding which Intel stock drivers are safe to test.

5. ablahblah

ablahblah Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same dongle that the OP has (Screenbeam Mini 2) and I haven't had problems with it actually. The only caveat that I've found so far is that VirtualBox's LAN driver breaks Miracast/WiDi, but there are ways to mitigate it. I don't use Miracast often though, so maybe I haven't noticed anything beyond the slight lag.

Am using the default drivers on the AVTN8, and any updates the Microsoft may have pushed thru Windows Update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.