Averatec C3500 Convertible Tablet PC $1,149!

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Brian, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Averatec C3500 Convertible Tablet PC$1,149!

[​IMG]

Now might be the best time to grab the new Averatec C3500 Tablet PC. Staples is offering this highly-anticipated model at a modest $1,149.94 (after $100 mail-in rebate). Considering that up until now it wasliterally impossible to find a Convertible Tablet PC for less than $1900, this is nothing short of a pricing miracle! For info. on purchase and availability in your area, CLICK THE STAPLES LOGO!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. jrgonline

jrgonline Pen Pal - Newbie

my friend just purchased the AV3500... does anyone know what the difference is between the C3500 and AV3500? She hasn't received it yet, but if the display is better than the Fujitsu, I'll be getting an Averatec!

Jim

3. Barry J. Doyle

You might just be surprised and trade up. I was specifically told during our conference call with Averatec that the display on the C3500 is significantly brighter than previous Tablet PC's from other manufacturers. The reason that this is the case, rather than placing a digitizer touch screen layer on top of a standard lcd (produces a dimmer display), it seems that Averatec used a much brighter display first to compensate for the loss of brightness, then after covering it with the digitizer, it supposedly beats out most standard notebook displays in brightness!

Barry J. Doyle
    Editor in Chief
    BargainTabletPC.com

4. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

And at this price? It's good to see Staples carrying the Averatec line...that will help name recognition a good deal.

Brian Beeler
    Editor in Chief
    www.bargainPDA.com www.SPOTstop.com

5. Brian

One more thing, that rebate is only good for two more days. So you better hurry if you want in.

Brian Beeler
    Editor in Chief

6. d-Roc

d-Roc Pen Pal - Newbie

That is an amazing deal. Dang it, if I had a full time job right now then I would not een hesitate to add this to my library. :)

Many blessings does He have for those that love his law and meditate on Him daily.

7. Brian

<blockquote id='quote'>quote:<hr height='1' noshade id='quote'>Originally posted by jrgonline

my friend just purchased the AV3500... does anyone know what the difference is between the C3500 and AV3500? She hasn't received it yet, but if the display is better than the Fujitsu, I'll be getting an Averatec!

Jim
    <hr height='1' noshade id='quote'></font id='quote'></blockquote id='quote'>

Jim -

They're the same thing, the AV3500 is just the one for Staples. Averatec has been doing this with their notebooks too, making a special Staples SKU.

Brian Beeler
    Editor in Chief

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. Barry J. Doyle

It's great to see everbody's interest in this model. We should have our "review unit" from Averatec anytime now (hopefully). I absolutely love their 3200 series notebooks and what they offer for the price, so I expect the C3500/AV3500 (Staples) to be a real hit.

Barry J. Doyle
    Editor in Chief
    BargainTabletPC.com

9. zeusman

zeusman Pen Pal - Newbie

Just an update for everyone interested in this tablet. The price is now $1299 and the rebate has expired and there is a 7 day Back Order status from Staples.

Still an excellent buy, at least "on paper". Went to make the purchase but sadly came upon the info just mentioned. Am eagerly anticipating a review here on the site. Also curious about video performance and battery life.

Thanks for the lead to this computer. Would have probably not come across it without the site, as I usually don't think of Staples for a computer purchase.

10. jrgonline

jrgonline Pen Pal - Newbie

Apparently my friend's is on backorder too... she hasn't received it yet. I'm reluctant to trade up until I see it in person. Not to mention I purchased the 8 hour battery for the Fujitsu... which I'm thoroughly enjoying! But the brightness of the display is a real issue.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.