Automatic display rotation with ProtectSmart Accelerometer

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by CompuGeek, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nathanbarlow

nathanbarlow Pen Pal - Newbie

for new tm2's best route is to update windows. then install the net framework mentioned here, then save hp drivers to desktop, use device manager to manual update but search ur computer to find it. then install the program.

this is amazing. cobine with tm2control for manual control and its awesoeness

2. koao

koao tm2's great.

you know what was funny in my local frys?

if you touch the top of the screen, the screen rotates. if you touch the side of the screen, it rotates. It rotates regardless. It rotates and everytime its on display, people always see it upside down.

3. Thom4s

Thom4s Scribbler - Standard Member

I use mobility center pinned to taskbar, this works best for me. I just change screen manually.

This program might be better when he can detect hinge rotation, right now its too unreliable.

4. jonpet

jonpet Scribbler - Standard Member

well, i found out something new. This program makes some programs/ windows to flash and blink in tablet mode.

5. JazzMac251

JazzMac251 Pen Pal - Newbie

@CompuGeek: Man, I just installed this and I have to say well done sir. I just did a few test-rotates, but so far this works way better than i anticipated. It's even faster than the stupid HP rotate button! Again, well done.

Now if we could only figure out a way to get it to disable auto-rotate when in laptop mode. There has to be some cue that the screen has switched modes because the OS knows to switch off the touchpad and rotate the display to the user's default orientation settings. I can't think of how to pinpoint that cue, though.

But, yeah, I just wanted to say thanks and congratulate you on a truly nifty piece of software!

6. JazzMac251

JazzMac251 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just wanted to report a weird bug. I was messing around in Corel Paint in tablet mode with the autorotate app on, and, after auto-rotating to portrait and back to landscape, the program still reacted as if the screen was in portrait mode. The cursor alignment wasn't off at all, but for some reason when I drew a line it appeared on the screen a few inches to the left. Rotating 360 degrees with the rotation button fixed the problem. I guess some programs just don't like auto-rotation?

7. matthayes3741

matthayes3741 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've installed everything on my TM2 2xxx tablet (from the first page) and everything is working. Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity or to calibrate? I feel like it only works 10% of the time.

8. jiffypotman

jiffypotman Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been testing this for the past two days. Like some of the people on here it only works about ten percent of the time for me. If only there was a way to calibrate the program to the sensors. The Native.dll from your original patch works great for sensitivity not so much for flipping the screen in the right direction. The newest .dll is just the opposite. I think the rotation application is an awesome idea it just needs some improvement. I hope you get this app finished CompuGeek it's a terrific idea. I would also like to see an app that displays the accelerometer data in a graph which could be saved for later review. It would make for some sweet data collection on how bumpy your car ride is etc. A beta page on your main site sould be nice too. Thanks for all the work you have put into this. I hope to see it finished soon.

9. 3cko01

3cko01 Pen Pal - Newbie

this is awesome programming mate. It works for me 100%. It goes to the exact rotation that i want and it doesnt auto rotate in laptop mode. Its just great. Thanks so much. U made flipping my laptop around seem so much more fun!!!

10. jonpet

jonpet Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone else have the blinking problem? open windows etc blink when in tablet mode.