Automatic display rotation with ProtectSmart Accelerometer

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by CompuGeek, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RazzNuts

RazzNuts Scribbler - Standard Member

Ouch, the "tm2 accelerometer auto-rotate.exe" is 64 bit application.
    Any luck for us 32 bit user?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. RIKIRK

RIKIRK Pen Pal - Newbie

it works great for me! Thank you! This is a great application CompuGeek!

3. RobH

RobH Pen Pal - Newbie

Another happy user here, works great thanks. Thanks!

But how cool would it be if the hardware screen rotate button could enable and disable the automatic rotation eh?

4. thingemajib

thingemajib Pen Pal - Newbie

dont suppose anyone figured out how to automatically enable/disable the rotate when going from slate>pc and vice versa? Kinda like how the touchpad disables itself when its put into slate

5. pAnDoRa70

pAnDoRa70 Pen Pal - Newbie

Been gone quite a while from this forum. Getting my TM2 all fixed up again. Long story. Anywho, I installed this and it works brilliantly except for the fact that at rotation from landscape to portrait and back again, the landscape size remains for any windows (Chrome, in this instance). Is there a workaround for this? Thanks in advance for your help, and Kudos to CompuGeek!

6. ideachu

ideachu Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks to CompuGeek for providing such a tool!

I found that the files hosted at the Computer Geek Software site are not available anymore. Does anyone have a copy of the sensor driver made by CompuGeek (tm2 accelerometer (x64).exe or tm2 accelerometer (x86).exe) and can share it?

7. georgeslanglois

georgeslanglois G. Langlois

Links not working yet... does anyone have a copy?

8. CompuGeek

CompuGeek Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry all, I lost a lot of data in a hard drive crash recently. That included most of my computer backups and all of my old projects (most pre-VS2010). I guess that's what I get for using a five drive RAID 0 for a storage server without a proper backup system in place. One drive has a problem and the next thing I know I'm up the river without a paddle.

That and shortly after, my host changed without my knowledge so I lost a lot of my site data. I was able to find a backup of the tm2 accelerometer tray app but not the sensor. So I have fixed the links for the tray app version. However if someone still has a copy of the sensor, please put up a mirror. I can then download and restore it to my site.

Edit: A friend of mine had the auto-rotate program but not the ProtectSmartSensor programs, but that just leaves the "ProtectSmartSensor (64-bit).exe" and "ProtectSmartSensor (32-bit).exe". As I said before, if anyone still has a copy of either (or both) program(s), please create a mirror.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  9. beeglej

beeglej Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone tested this in Windows 8. I am afraid to try since I am getting tired of bricking my windows 8 install over and over again playing around with different things.

10. CompuGeek

CompuGeek Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, the regular (non Windows Sensor) program works just fine on Windows 8. Just make sure you have the the latest version of HP's ProtectSmart sensor driver installed.

You will have to enable the .NET framework and install the Visual C++ framework linked to in the first post.