Audio Jack Defect?

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by thekiler99, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thekiler99

thekiler99 Pen Pal - Newbie

Whenever I fully plug in my headphones into the headphone jack on my duo 11 music doesn't go to the headphones but continue to play on the duo 11. The only way i can get it to play on the headphones is to let a quarter of it stick out. It is such a hassle...because if i put it just a little the sound goes back blasting on my speakers.....imagine me in the library.:mad: (tested on headphones without a mic doesn't work but i remember testing it on a headphone with mic and I think it did work?Something to do with the mic?)

Is this a hardware defect or something is just wrong?

2. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

Sounds like something is wrong. Are you sure that your headphones don't have a mic, and have only two bands in the proper place on the jack?

3. thekiler99

thekiler99 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok right now i only have a earphone with a mic in it with me and to make it work i only have 2 bands inside the jack(One band sticking out). If i plug it fully inside the sound comes out from my duo 11's speakers.

4. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

Try a set of regular headphones without a mic. It sounds like your headphones may be proprietary and only designed for a specific set of smartphones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.