Audible click and Swype on S7S?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Marciano, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marciano

Marciano Pen Pal - Newbie

I just bought an S7S from the MS Store in Oak Brook, IL (great deal btw). Does anyone know how to turn on audible clicks for the on-screen keyboard? I looked everywhere, but there just doesn't seem to be such an option.

Also, Swype doesn't seem to be available. Maybe the MS Signature package doesn't include it...

2. Antfield

Antfield Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't have Swype either, got it from MS store as well.

As for audible click, it's not available on the tablet input panel's keyboard. As far as i know, there are TWO on-screen keyboard. One is the standard windows on-screen keyboard, on that one you will see additional button including things like insert, home, pg up/down, F1-F12 keys. That one you can turn on the click. You can call it up as a program in Accessories>Ease of Access>keyboard. However, there is NO option to change to the pen input on that keyboard.

but the one you often see, the one that hang out on the side of the screen. the one whose icon pop up when you click in writing area, that's the tablet input panel, and that one there's no audible click. sucks really.

Pick your poisons.

3. Marciano

Sucks indeed. Audible click is a must for a touch keyboard :-(

4. royale

royale Pen Pal - Newbie

5. Marciano

Thanks royale, I'll try this as soon as I get home!

BTW, does anyone have any advice for a replacement touch keyboard? The Android market is full of them, but it seems the same is not true for Windows tablets. Obviously it's a very small niche, but still.

6. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Hot Virtual Keyboard is one of the best, $29.99 full retail but can be found occasionally for $14. It has the most options and has the ability to create your own...

Others are the Zero Weight Keyboard (Free, designed for the UMPC era)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.