ATTN: Users who downgraded to XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by jukeboxhero, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jukeboxhero

jukeboxhero Pen Pal - Newbie

Would you say that downgrading to XP was worth it? I'm running vista ultimate on my tx2510us, and I'm dissatisfied with the reliability of Vista. My home computer runs XP, and runs 20x better than my laptop with Vista Ultimate!! I don't know what your guy's experience was once you downgraded. Is it that the laptop itself is unstable, or just that vista isn't cutting it?

2. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

have both XP and Vista loaded on mine. While downgrading's worth it, its a bis hassle since HP doesn't offer XP drivers for the TX2500 series.

Vista's resource hog, but it's much less of a headeache.

3. jukeboxhero

So the consensus is that the downgrade is worth it? What do you find your self using more, Vista or XP?

4. there148

there148 Pen Pal - Newbie

i downgraded mine a few weeks after i bought it then decided to put vista back. no point going with xp since its missing so much feature this tablet has to offer. forget about the remote control, hardware buttons, power management with xp. if anything you should consider win7 as an alternative to vista. as fast as xp with all the features of vista. best of both worlds.

5. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

nearly ditto...but hold off on windows 7 for now (personal opinion). it'll go down in August, then back up as retail later.

But on ur previous post, i find myself using Vista more than XP. Use of XP's limited to when i NEED the PC up and running urgently.

6. jukeboxhero

If I partition my drive, will it be possible to access files on my vista partition on the XP partition and vice versa?

7. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi jukeboxhero,

Yes, you'll be able to access either partition in either OS just fine. I partitioned my own for Vista/7 and works without a hitch. :)

8. jukeboxhero

Say I don't like XP on my tablet. How would I remove the partition?

9. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi jukeboxhero,

It's a simple process:

Go to Start -> Run -> diskmgmt.msc
    You'll see a window graphically listing all of your partitions (or volumes), simply right click over the XP volume, and click delete partition.

Create a new partition, expand, format, etc as you would like. :)

10. fcbobby_15

fcbobby_15 Pen Pal - Newbie

well, I got XP in my tx2120us a long time ago, then i tried windows 7 and let me tell you that I completely forgot XP, i was impressed with the performance in Windows 7, so much, that i have it as my main OS, no vista, no xp...the trouble was that i have a couple devices (TI-89 Titanium, Behringer BCD2000) that just works in XP..but nothing that a virtual machine can't do.

U can't try 7 and XP, a get ur own conclusions :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.