Atmel Reviews Real? Will there be an atmel 13+ inch convertible with swappable battery?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kneehowguys, Apr 24, 2014.

1. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Atmel pen reviews were very positive. Think there were two for the HP elitebook 1000.

Atmel Reviews Real?

Will there be an atmel with the new atmel pens 13+ inch convertible with swappable battery?

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Swappable Batteries are becoming more rare due to the fact the requirements limit how you can fit the battery in the system, which then impacts thickness and weight. Fujitsu has been the OEM still putting removable batteries in their Hybrids and Tablets. HP just released their Haswell/BayTrail lines:

Commercial/Professional:

Ultrabook - HP Revolve (replaces the Elitebook 27xx line)
    Tablet - HP ElitePad 1000 and ProPad 600

Consumer:

Is the X2 line...

3. kneehowguys

I appreciate you answering my questions.

We can always count on jnjroach to keep tabletpcreview viewers safe from my repetitive constant questions

I guess most people prefer thin and light to swappable battery.

4. jnjroach

You're welcome, but I'm not sure how to take the backhanded compliment ;)

5. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I do....even my swappable battery machines never swapped batteries. I like the 10+ hours of battery life on the Elitepad 1000; no need to swap them especially with the Expansion Sleeve which adds another 10+ hours to the runtime.

6. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Yes, the reviews are real... as hard as that is to believe. I'm one of those owners who took a gamble and bought a ElitePad 1000 G2 after seeing a video of the unit at an electronics show. I too was skeptical at what I saw in the video but gave it a shot after reading some technical press about the improvements of the Atmel pen/digitizer. Sure enough, it's a gamble that paid off.

The Atmel G2 pen is a VAST improvement over prior generations. Shockingly so. It rivals and bests the Wacom pen/digitizer in my Elitebook 2760P in all but one category - it has no eraser end. That's not something one should consider a deal breaker since virtually all pen enabled software has the ability to change inking function to erase function on the fly (usually by selecting a button or via a menu).

dceggert and fkp123 like this.
  7. kneehowguys

Ok ok fine fine. I'll believe you about atmel. I just keep thinking you are William Hewlett's grandaughter or something. Just like jnjroach is Steve Balmer.

0. If you really had to have adjustable angle for your tablet, what would you do? The USB keyboard dock does not look like you can adjust the angle. What company aside from fuji will give us an adjustable angle / clampshell like solution?

1. If we do get an i5/i7 tablet, which company would be likely to produce it first? I have an i3 ultrabook and it is okay but could use some speed/power.

The thing with all these 10 inch bay trail tabletes now is that now that SP has power cover they pretty much lose their battery life advantage. Unless you are a road warrior.

2. I have a gechic external monitor. It has its own battery and takes in HDMI. What is the easiest way that exists or will be exist so I can extend a 10 inch tablet's screen to my portable external monitor wirelessly? I hear about all these dongles chromecast, airtame, etc. What will actually work?

8. jnjroach

Not Me:

ballmer-285x203.jpg

Me (Sadly Ballmer is much more handsome than I) BTW - Using Netgear PTV3000 to the 80" Monitor behind me for wireless connection:

Jeff-Surface2-MVP-Talk-APR2014.jpg

9. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I don't know....that stick on gotee does not hide you that well...jnjballmer....

jnjroach likes this.
  10. jnjroach

I guess I could pass as Ballmer's fat country cousin.....

I actually met Ballmer once, I was meeting with IBM's (now Lenovo's) X-Server Team and Microsoft's Strategic Relations Team on the 42nd Floor of the Lincoln Tower in Bellevue, WA and there was Ballmer on his cell, this was at 7 AM....it was very cool as a vendor to get to have that type of interaction with the CEO :D