ATIV SMART PC Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by kontrol1, Nov 20, 2012.

1. wilfrid10

wilfrid10 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for the information
    and thank you for sharing it with us
    Best Regards

2. Bubel

Bubel Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone have fix for 500t yet? All those years passed and seems like Samsung abandoned it with big unsolved issue.

3. sajjadahmad16

sajjadahmad16 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi I know, its bit old thread. I'm hoping if someone can help me. As win10 update came out, i was facing issues with update. I decided to do complete refresh pc from the in built windows 8.1 function. I used erasing all data function and did a complete refresh. It went well. Win 8 started with factory default setting. To be able to upgrade to win10, i have to install all existing updates. one of the update in samsung SW update was BIOS update. It downloaded well. During installation, it stopped at 38%. I waited for several hours. Touch and all other buttons were disabled and system was getting very hot. At last at midnight I decided to unplug the system. Battery drained overnight while the installation was stuck at the same 38%. Next day I plugged in the power cable. Now it is not booting at all. Only blue power light lights up and screen is blank. I tried different combinations of buttons to see if I can go in boot /bios menu but nothing helps. Its quite unfortunate to end up in this situation while updating official samsung update through SW update. Samsung service center guy guessing that he need to change the whole mother board that cost alsmost similar to the price of new tablet.

Any suggestions are welcome.
    Ativ smart PC pro 700T

4. Code Breaker

Code Breaker Pen Pal - Newbie

You could find out what type of eeprom is on motherboard for the bios and either read it from another same type of machine and program it, or manually program your update using something to flash it with....this may or may not require removal of eeprom to program it.

5. lmartell

lmartell Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,
    I have a problem with an ATIV smart pc XE500. Originally I got it with windows 8.1, then I updated to windows 10.
    Everything fine, it has been running good for several weeks.
    I was trying to make partition to install android. When I restarted, i got stuck in the bios with no way to exit it.
    It seems it doesnt find any OS.
    My real problem is that I cant find any way to boot from USB (only external media available): the bios has a boot override voice but i cant choose it.
    I tried inserting an USB FAT32 dos bootable, nothing.
    I made a windows 8.1 usb bootable disk with the MS tool, nothing.
    I also tried the factory reset procedure (power button + volume up button) - no way.
    Any idea?
    Thanks a lot for any idea or support
    Luciano