ATIV SMART PC Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by kontrol1, Nov 20, 2012.

1. bemymonkey

bemymonkey Scribbler - Standard Member

Are you sure the driver download link is correct? All I can find there is the Samsung SW update app, and that refuses to install any drivers for the unknown devices showing in my device manager.

2. kontrol1

kontrol1 Scribbler - Standard Member

Individual drivers used to be there. Looks like they removed it and want the download to go directly through the SW update utility. There is no other link location that I know about at the moment.

3. bemymonkey

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The probability of my returning this thing and waiting for the TPT2 just rose significantly :-(

Thank you for the heads up. I've now gone the long way around and downloaded all the driver packages through sw update... just manually installed the Atom SoC driver, which was most intelligently placed in a folder called William... how the f*** are we supposed to know Intel/Samsung internal dev code names for their chipsets?

4. mnbrennan

mnbrennan Pen Pal - Newbie

5. bemymonkey

It's already in there...#5 :)

6. sudermatt

sudermatt Scribbler - Standard Member

The #1 tip on the 500t has to be uninstall Norton....I would have returned mine if I hadn't

7. bemymonkey

Was Norton preinstalled on yours? Mine was practically empty after resetting ("restore to factory defaults" or whatever it's called in Win8), with all the software available for install from the SW Update utility...

8. Turps

Turps Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi. Looking at buying the ativ tablet. Does it have good built in microphones? I want to be able to record meeting conversations, while using the tablet to, say deliver PowerPoint presentation.

9. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

This is not a tip,probablybetter to ask your question in a new thread.
    But now we are, so.

Not a good idea to not add to your tablet an external microphone if you use it to write on it too, because every stroke will record the noise of the contact between the pen and the glass. You will have a lot of tic, tic, tic above the voices. But it is possible. And if you do it with onenote what you write is synchronized with the recoded voice.

Please, open a new thread if you want to continue this discussion.

10. Turps

Turps Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for advice. I have just joined this page and I can't see where/how to start a new thread? Call me a dumb arse, but I haven't ever used these forums before, so happy to be told how I start a new thread. Thanks again