Ativ 700T - The differences between the A01, A02, A03, and A04

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by gamegirl, Jan 29, 2013.

1. MoodyR

MoodyR Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

New member here!
    I'm looking to buy a 700T tablet, but the most important feature for me is built-in mobile broadband (WAN) capability so that I wouldn't need to carry my USB 3G modem around (why carry/use 2 devices if you can do with 1? ;) ). I've been trying to find out which model (A01 US, A02 US, A03 US, A04 US), if any, would have this feature, but needless to say, the posted specs on the website were not very helpful, only mentioning that it's "optional". I called Samsung but the rep was also reading from the website, so no help there either.

Therefore, I'd be grateful if those of you who already received their devices would report the exact model number, and whether the unit came with a functional SIM card slot (and/or any other form of cellular connectivity).

I am suspecting that the A04 US might be what I'm looking for, since it's $200 more than the others, but that's only my guess...

Thank you all!

2. v@gelis

v@gelis Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the international version of 700T1C and it is the 700T1C A04-UK which has the 3G sim card slot, so I would assume that the equivalent US edition is the A04.
    Anyone with US device to clarify this?

3. Deathangel

Deathangel Scribbler - Standard Member

I have the 700T1C-A02-DE (German edition) which has SIM. So I wouldn't trust the numbers to represent a lot or be consistent :(. Samsung is really bad in that regard.

4. MoodyR

MoodyR Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm adding another clue to the puzzle:
    I visited a Microsoft store this weekend and they had the ATIV 700 T1C - A02 US on display, and it did NOT have a SIM card slot or any braodband option.

So, thanks to V@gelis and Deathangel, we now know that different countries get different specs for otherwise similar model numbers, as if this wasn't complicated enough!

If more people can chime in and let us know what model they have and whether it has a SIM slot or not (ideally among the US models), I'd be extremely grateful!

5. naimazai

naimazai Pen Pal - Newbie

I got a a02 this month, so it is a bit different than the thing listed
    Cpu is 1.7ghz
    comes with a keyboard, which has a usb 2.0 on the right side, and a power place on left side

comes with NFC ( I suppose, saw it on the manual)

6. tinkerguy

tinkerguy Pen Pal - Newbie

Just got a XE700T1C-A02US from Microsoft Store last week.
    Windows 8 (64-bit)
    Besides the standard features, this model has the following unadvertised features:
    TPM chip
    Broadcom GPS chip ( testing to work in a moving car :) )
    Intel WIDI
    NFC

7. thepinkpanter

thepinkpanter Pen Pal - Newbie

Good day,

I am looking for an upgradable XE700T1C model in order to avoid to sped $1628 for the XE700T1C-HA1US 4G/LTE AT&T ,
    which one?
    the A02US?
    the A03US?
    or the A04US?

any help?
    thanks

8. wildpig1234

wildpig1234 Scribbler - Standard Member

What nav program did you use to test the gps? You sure it not agps based on WiFi?

9. phissith

phissith Pen Pal - Newbie

I know this tread is old but if you are still around can you please confirm that it does of those above unadvertised features? You're about to make me very happy camper!!

10. wildpig1234

wildpig1234 Scribbler - Standard Member

I have a 700t-a02us and can personally confirm that the Broadcom gnss is a true gps chip. have to use centrafuse localizer to output nmea to a simulated serial port for most older progr like igo 8.3 pc to work. but it does work right on

as far as TPM, WIDI, and NFC I do believe they would work as all the drivers are there showing up in device manager.