Ativ 700T - The differences between the A01, A02, A03, and A04

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by gamegirl, Jan 29, 2013.

1. CaptKirk

CaptKirk Pen Pal - Newbie

ok, ill add even more confusion to this as i forgot to mention in my prior post.. when i ordered mu AO3 i asked sales lady if it came with keyboard. she said no.. So after i ordered my A03 i found a keyboard on Amazon and ordered one. when i receive my A03, well low and behold !!! it shipped with a keyboard. so now i have two.....samsung has no clue why they have four models of the same, you can defintly tell they rushed this product into market faster than lightning... now don't get me wrong, i love this tablet and have regrets buying it....so far anyway

2. CaptKirk

i wished these threads had an edit option.. I meant to say in prior thread that i had NO regrets buying my Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T

3. Jamie-B

Jamie-B Scribbler - Standard Member

My A03UK did not come with a keyboard; I do not think the model is relevant to whether or not you get a keyboard, and that it is merely the whim of the reseller.

4. CaptKirk

I think model is prevalent, I ordered my AO3US direct from Samsung... Really confusing because all their adds describe the keyboard as optional... I've since read that anyone else ordering ordering US models direct from Samsung is also getting keyboards..

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  5. gamegirl

gamegirl Pen Pal - Newbie

If it helps, I ordered the A01 from Amazon, and it did in fact come with a keyboard. :)

6. @lbert

@lbert Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone received their Ativ and found it has the wireless WAN adapter present? I notice it as optional but I read that there are models with it as standard.

7. bobp

bobp Scribbler - Standard Member

Ordered an A02US yesterday, and when it comes in, will post detailed list of what came with it, and the software/hardware configuration - to help those still trying to understand the differences between the models - and if we can others who have the other configurations to compare their configuration to mine - that should resolve this issue - since the Samsung and other online sites aren't providing this information...

8. bobp

Received my A02US yesterday, along with the power adapter and keyboard.

Confirmed that the T1C-A02US is a slightly different size than the T1A-A04US - so the T1A's "stand case" will not fit, neither will the T1A's docking stations.

While TPM isn't turned on - it does appear to be available in the BIOS.

There was an NFC sticker - and NFC appears in the device manager.

Windows 8 was installed (have already upgraded to Pro).

Came with 4GB of memory and 128GB SSD. 17GB of the SSD is used for the Recovery image - now that I've backed that up to another hard drive, I will be deleting that to regain the storage space.

Only major issue I've found so far is that the tablet doesn't seem to "click and lock" into the keyboard dock - will take some practice to be sure it is locked into the keyboard before I carry it off.

The covers for the HDMI and USB ports look nice, but make it more difficult to use the ports - has anyone removed these covers? And, once removed, is it possible to put them back?

Can anyone recommend a good protector to put on the back of the tablet? I've seen several skins that have colors or patterns - I'm looking for something that is clear (like Zagg's Invisible Shield)...

9. beckyb

beckyb Scribbler - Standard Member

So your A02 did include the keyboard? Did you order it from Amazon? I'm thinking about getting that one.

Thanks!

10. bobp

My A02 came directly from Samsung - and have been extremely happy with it. The only major problem is that the "right click" on the touchpad also seems to trigger a left click, making it not very usable. However, there's a workaround - configuring the touchpad to use a two-finger click to signal a right click. Otherwise, it's a noticeable improvement over my old T1A - and it's nice to have the attached keyboard in addition to the touchpad.