Ativ 700t Question - Anyone open the unit yet?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by User Retired, Dec 25, 2012.

1. PizzaMan79

PizzaMan79 Pen Pal - Newbie

A very different question...

Does anyone else here has a mouse stutter where the mouse cursor becomes unresponsive for a few moments when the slate is thinking hard?

I should maybe open a new thread but I'm hoping to find the right people to answer my question here.

2. digisatman

digisatman Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all
    Has anyone tried fitting a hybrid drive & if so what type,as im wonderingabout trying

Seagate 2.5″, 500GB, SATA3 Thin SSHD Hybrid Hard Drive, 8GB SSD, 5400RPM, 64MB, 7mm

Description

Specification

Type of Drive: Hybrid (HDD & SSD)
    Form Factor: "2.5"""
    Capacity: 500 GB
    Interface Type: SATA
    Interface Speed: SATA III - 6Gb/s
    Flash Memory Capacity: 8 GB
    Speed: 5400 RPM
    Cache: 64 MB
    Seek Time: 12 ms (average)
    Condition: New
    Additional Features: See manufacturers link above
    Dimensions: 7 x 70.1 x 11.35 mm
    Package Type: OEM
    Package Weight: 0.0950 kg
    Warranty: 3 Years

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  3. PizzaMan79

PizzaMan79 Pen Pal - Newbie

I did. It annoyed me more and more. I tried everything; uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, setting cpu cores at startup, registry edits like SelectiveSuspend, many different wired and wireless mouses. I never found the root of the problem. In the end i got fed up and reinstalled Windows. That was a pain too because you have to find exactly the right version, because your serial is stored in your bios/uefi. Anyway, after the reinstall it was fixed. And i got about 10gb of extra storage. So far i'm working with the Windows drivers only and that works like a charm.

Either you're in the wrong thread or you didn't do any research before posting your question. Try googling msata ssd's. That's the size you want. 2.5" won't fit.

4. tj2k

tj2k Pen Pal - Newbie

Jakey, I was trying to PM you but this is my first post so may not be able to - I'm about to buy a UK 64Gb version (I'm int he UK as well) with a view to upgrading it straight away as I want my version to have the UMTS / 3G connectivity - as that model has the GPS on the same module - and I can only fond one machine which is being sold with the 3G function - and alas, thats the 64Gb version with no keyboard - which I'll have to buy separately later.

So, the model I'm looking at states it has a 64gb SSD but I have seen it advertised elsewhere with an eMMC - which I fear maybe soldered to the mobo - hence I wanted to compare model numbers with yours vs the one I'm going to buy.

It's also yonks since I fiddled with a PC in terms of backing up of the original disk (completely inc. hidden hidden partitions) and then restoration of the image later on the larger disk (I'm a Mac user and have wanted a Windows 8 full tablet for a few things but also to use VCDS in the car - hence wanting touch-screen / a decent tablet).

Appreciate any help in advance :)
    Tj

5. 1454

1454 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, So i see there are 2 different versions of the 700T.

If I get the "K01US" version, does anyone know if the hard drive can still be upgraded? I really hope so. I also assume the ram on it can't be updated just like the A03 version. Can someone just confirm for me?

Thanks.

6. thepinkpanter

thepinkpanter Pen Pal - Newbie

Good day,

I have the XE700T1C-HA1US with the Sierra EM7700 and I would like to make some adapter in order to convert the strange minicard connector into a mini PCI-E , please see the att. picture,

any help?

Attached Files:

7. 1454

1454 Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there enough room in the case for all that?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

8. thepinkpanter

not really.....just for some wire and the mini pci-e connector

1454 likes this.
  9. thepinkpanter

here is the available space

Attached Files:

1454 likes this.
  10. 1454

1454 Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you have a pic of the ram slot and the ssd slot? If not, that's cool. Just curious. Thanks.

I ordered my A03us yesterday. So hopefully it will be here by Wednesday.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk