ATIV 700T: outstanding major issues besides keyboard dock problems

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by kontrol1, Feb 8, 2013.

1. kontrol1

kontrol1 Scribbler - Standard Member

Please chime in on the major issues outstanding besides the keyboard dock problems for the 700T.

Thanks!

2. Robotica72

Robotica72 Scribbler - Standard Member

I have to say, aside from the keyboard issues (which I no longer have since my new dock, over a week now) - I have no issues. Nothing is glaring for issues in my view ....

3. fella1

fella1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well I have never had any major issues with my 700t. I never had the dock problem and no other problems either. It has been a rock solid machine for the 2 months that I've had it

4. magicfairy

magicfairy Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine has been rock solid also. 2 months now.

5. drugarth

drugarth Pen Pal - Newbie

I have 2 issues:
    1) the annoying bug that at startup it always says 'detected dark environment' , I assume we all have this issue as it was introduced with the bios update.
    2) with some apps the touchcontrols are off, try for example 'great big wargame'. But not sure if it is tablet related or some other issue. (but ms surface users don't seem to have that issue)

6. fella1

fella1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Nope, I don't have that problem either. That message does come up when I'm actually in a dark environment but otherwise it doesn't.

7. gren

gren Pen Pal - Newbie

I get random crashes when booting up the tablet. Can't really pinpoint why. Usually happens when I cold-boot. Does not occur when I suspend.

8. Robotica72

Robotica72 Scribbler - Standard Member

The darkroom warning only happens to me when its dark - and then you just need to press a button on tablet. Its an odd feature, but I guess I can see the benefits.

Gren - I don't have any crashes, been rock solid (so has the two 500t's) - Could it be something you installed? my 700t has a ton on it and no issues at all.

9. alexey

alexey Pen Pal - Newbie

The ATIV xe700t1c is a great full featured tablet PC, I really love it. Its biggest problem is the poor choice of accessories, e.g.:

1. There are no docks with an HDMI/DVI output. Mine (samsung stand dock for the ATIV series) is great but offers only power/lan/usb slots. Thus, I can't just dock the tablet and use it with an external monitor - always have to manually connect the cable to the tablet itself. Quite annoying, still better than the keyboard dock.
    2. There are no high-end protective cases with a stand functionality. It might change soon, however, check out the FlipSteady for 700t project - FlipSteady for Samsung tablets : FlipSteady, , Origami Inspired Tablet Stand

10. gamegirl

gamegirl Pen Pal - Newbie

I wish the pen were a little more robust, but I swapped it out with my old Gateway pen, which works great. I do wish their S-Pen drivers worked better straight out of the gate. I had to download wacom drivers to get better results.

I think aside from that, my biggest complaint is the lack of accessories, too. I wish more decal sites would hurry up and start making decals for it, and I wish there were more fun accessories for it like different docks with different functionalities (i.e. a keyboard with a battery, a dock that's just a stand and a battery etc)

I also get the dark room warning, but mostly because I only use mine in dark rooms, heh. :D