ATIV 500t attempt to upgrade to Windows 10

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by KurtG, Aug 6, 2015.

1. KurtG

KurtG Pen Pal - Newbie

I have upgraded my ATIV 500t to Windows 10 Enterprise. There are no drivers for the wireless Broadcom BCM4330, Realtek audio, or NFC chip. Anybody else try to upgrade and having more success than I?

2. Stavros

Stavros Pen Pal - Newbie

I've updated and everything seems to be working fine after updating the graphics driver. The only exclamation mark I have in Device Manager is the Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Network Framework. Can't say the same for some of my other devices though.

3. KurtG

KurtG Pen Pal - Newbie

Stavros,
    Can you tell hich drivers you used that worked? I have tried the Samsung update but not much success there. In fact, under Windows 10 the only thing I can do is download files. I have tried to run most of the drivers manually but not much success so far. I suggest you simply go into device manager and uninstall the Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Network Framework. It doesn't really work with the Samsung.

4. IronOrr

IronOrr Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, I'm curious what graphics driver you used to make it update.

Thanks!

5. Stavros

Stavros Pen Pal - Newbie

It was a few days ago but if I remember correctly I used the Samsung update app, downloaded the update files and installed the graphics driver one. Also installing the Intel drivers fixed the Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Network Framework problem. I now have no exclamation marks in Device Manager and the Tablet works fine.
    According to Device Manager the Intel Graphics Media accelerator details are:
    Driver Date: 15.11.2013
    Driver Version: 9.14.3.1177

Hope that helps.

6. Code Breaker

Code Breaker Pen Pal - Newbie

7. jedah

jedah Pen Pal - Newbie

It's probably a bit of a cop-out solution, but if there's a Microsoft store close-by, they are helping people install Windows 10 there, too.

I asked for suggestions regarding the graphics driver problem, and they just brought a tech out to help force the upgrade on my tablet. The only issue I ran into is that I decided to go home and do a clean install (I kept my files while I was at the store). But, doing that removed Samsung Update, and I suspect there are some important drivers I'm missing because my keyboard would now disconnect every so often (worked just fine for the day or so before I did the clean install).

8. atom1

atom1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,
    I have a 500T1C currently running Win8.1 and I want to upgrade it to Win10. I was wondering if the device/hardware is compatible to Win10. The CPU is atom. If it's compatible, should I upgrade it to Win10 Pro, or Home version?
    Thanks!

9. jedah

jedah Pen Pal - Newbie

It should be compatible, though I'm not sure how to do it on your own. Someone at the Microsoft Store did the upgrade for me. They loaded Home version on mine.

10. Solom01

Solom01 Scribbler - Standard Member

Folks, I don't know if I am the only one who didn't figure this out but after multiple attempts at updating with my 500 hanging up I tried it without a microSD card inserted and, voila, it worked. Just make sure you have enough free disk space on your C drive or have another external storage device you can use in case you need more drive space. So far everything seems to be working well, except for not being able to calibrate my pen (it still works, I just can't adjust it) because the Wacom driver is not working.