Asus ZenPad S80 with Asus Stylus

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Kumabjorn, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Unfortunately there is no information on what digitizer they are using for their new 4 GB MemoPad replacement. But the fact that it comes with a stylus makes it the first time there is a reasonable upgrade&replacement for my Galaxy Note 8. Battery isn't as strong as it used to be so I have been looking forward to something new. Perhaps this will be a wake up call in Seoul?

2. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The 4GB RAM is huge to me, and rather tempting. Now if someone would just get back to daylight-viewable displays....

Bronsky and Kumabjorn like this.
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I agree that this generation of Asus note tablet is getting closer to my desired specs. Only, no windows. I'm going to see if the Lumua 940 can fill some of the gaps.

4. yeah_mike

yeah_mike Pen Pal - Newbie

I too am in the same boat, looking for something with better battery life to replace my Galaxy Note 8. Unfortunately the official site for this new zenpad only rates the battery at 8 hours. (see https://www.asus.com/Tablets/ASUS_ZenPad_S_80_Z580CA/specifications/). I believe this is what the Galaxy Note 8 was rated at, so there's no improvement.

Really, in this day and age, 8" Android tablets should be capable of close to 15h battery life (see: Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet)

The next closest thing is the Encore 2 Write 8", which claims 11h battery life, but runs Windows 8.

5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Extended usage has my battery down to about four hours now, so right hours is still an improvement, but I agree they should be able to squeeze out 50% more by now.

Balbutio ergo sum