Asus Zenbook Pro Duo - Dual screen laptop with pen

Discussion in 'Asus' started by paprikaleapt, May 28, 2019.

1. paprikaleapt

paprikaleapt Scribbler - Standard Member

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

...I like....unlike Apples Macbook Touchbar....this actually looks quite useful. Even though its more of a half screen....coming from a 3-5 monitor desktop set up, this is quite perfectly an excellent compromise to the ideal portable multi monitor set up.

One thing thats not too clear.... is if both screens are penabled? The half screen sure is....but that one image in the video with the device next to a Wacom Intuos....doesn't give me alot of faith in how much they intend this to be fully penabled....otherwise there would be no point to have a seperate intuos at all with it. But then again...since its form factor is more traditional laptop instead of a Yoga or 2-in-1, it might be poorly suited for a full pen display...much like the Surface Laptop.

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

That to me is the ultimate portable, in essence you will have the capability of a four screen setup, and if the resolution is good enough on the big screen the equivalent of five screens. My only worry would be battery life with those screens and an i9 CPU.

4. paprikaleapt

paprikaleapt Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm pretty surprised the forums and even reddit have been pretty silent on this device.

On this forum, it makes sense to me- artists won't be interested.

LinusTechTips and some youtubers were pretty pumped about the possibility of getting more screen space though.

The first thing that came to my mind, though, was that perhaps at the laptop's weight and price (for being a new futuristic product), you could maybe buy two LG grams, which would cost the same and be about the same total weight, and give more physical space (if not pixels). Or a lightweight laptop + a lightweight chromebook for less money but a similar total weight.

Second thing that came to my mind was "can I do good notetaking when my hand is hovering over the keyboard? Won't I accidentally push some buttons?"

And then third thing was "This sucks for lap usage-> dead to me, for my use. I do end up using laptops actually on my lap pretty often

fourth -> I hope this laptop succeeds. It's sick and possibly the way forward for non-artists, non-notetakers, gamers, etc. More screen space- why not?

5. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've been looking for a good dual display laptop solution forever. This thing looks extremely enticing. Have a feeling it's going to be ridiculously expensive though.

6. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

There is certainly a lot of worry about the price. Obviously an extra screen means higher costs but I also think Asus are aware that they aren´t exactly in the strongest position on the market so price has to be one factor in obtaining new customers. If they can sell it for a tad under $3,000 I think they may have a hit on their hands, above that and it is destined to be a niche product.