Asus VivotabNote 8 Pen Pressure issue

Discussion in 'Asus' started by replax, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. replax

replax Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello!
    I have noticed a pen pressure issue with my Vivotab note 8 . Specifically, when I press thepen "normally" hard, it is already at man pen pressure very quickly! A good way to test is, to launch be Journal and select a highlighter. Then yo into the highlighter settings and tick the pressure sensitivity checkbox. For we, you can then clearly see it instantly go to max!

Is that only me?

thanks!!

2. SAM 2013

SAM 2013 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If I understand you correctly, the highlighter is supposed to be wide by default. You can choose extra wide, wide or narrow, but it is that width.

Test your pen in Art Rage or Sketchbook Pro, to see if it working correctly.

3. replax

replax Pen Pal - Newbie

I am not confident that I interpret your reply correctly, however, I suggested Journal merely as testing program, because everyone has it (free), and it does a sufficient job of illustrating the problem well.
    Obviously, the problem is exactly the same in other applications as well. As I do not own Art Rage / Sketchbook Pro and have no intention of buying them, I cannot test with them.
    I have found others to have this problem as well, for example: ASUS Vivotab Note 8 Digitizer Demo Close Up, Features - YouTube

Therefore I think that I do not have a faulty device, unfortunately... I am also not sure if anything can be done to fix that problem (alteration of pressure curves etc. ) globally instead of application wise.

Has anyone any idea?

Thanks!!