ASUS VivoTab TF810C - Live Update V7.1

Discussion in 'Asus' started by schwarz86, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey everybody,

as far as the VivoTab Note has been released this forum hardly has any entries concerning the TF810C.
    Therefore and because of the fact that my LiveUpdate told me today that there is a new Verion 7.1.
    I just wanted to ask you shortly whether anyone has already tried to install it an whethe you have recongnised any issues or improvements.

Cheers :)

2. maxal

maxal Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I installed version 7.01 yesterday and it installed ok with no issues, but I haven't noticed any improvements either.

3. NewYorker545

NewYorker545 Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here. Installed smoothly. no issues yet.

I remember a pop-up message notifying of the availiability of the update stated it was to prepare for compatibility for Windows updates (8.1. Update 1?).

4. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

I think that liveupdate should at least give some information about what it is being updated.

5. Korgnex

Korgnex Pen Pal - Newbie

I can tell you one thing for sure (already tested): It yet again - after over 18 months - replaces the Touchpad drivers with the OLD messed up ones from October 2012 (v 16.2.4) with the annoying "tap to click" feature enable and no working control panel to get rid of it.
    So you have to manually replace the driver with the one from HP from January 2013.

Synaptics has new drivers for its touchpad devices (v 16.3.15 and v 17.0.19), yet ASUS is too lazy to update them for their custom-made (OEM) dock.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  6. bobby2626

bobby2626 Pen Pal - Newbie

Since installing this update, I feel as though the battery life of my computer has been shortened. Has anyone else experienced that?

7. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

I do recognise that I have to charge the device pretty often the last times but I am not sure whether it is more often than before.
    Sorry :confused:

8. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

I have not measured that, but for me battery life looks the same as before. By the way, I don't know if it's just me, but I'm losing hope about any update restoring my Windows 8 volume levels as before, since I updated to Windows 8.1 my maximum sound wolume is half as loud as it used to be, barely audible in most conditions.