ASUS VivoTab Smart ME400C - Problems Thread

Discussion in 'Asus' started by eugenekim618, Mar 27, 2013.

1. dhofar

dhofar Pen Pal - Newbie

You can try to uninstall audio driver form device manager if it persists same symptoms you may have a deffective audio output and in this case the speakers btw there set of two speakers., another attempt is to have a bootable flash OS .

2. PetePierson

PetePierson Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks. Uninstalled drivers but now the troubleshoot option nor Windows Update is letting me reinstall. I will keep researching.

Thanks again for the response.

3. printwise

printwise Pen Pal - Newbie

Use the windows key to select.

4. PetePierson

PetePierson Pen Pal - Newbie

I called ASUS Tech Support (that was phone and oh so helpful). The rep claimed I do not have full version of Windows 7 so I could not reinstall the drivers yet no problem uninstalling them? Tablet is running 32-bit version.

I did a factory reset and still having issue, figure it is a hardware problem so I am going to return.

Thanks again to all that replied.

5. Nedorosl

Nedorosl Pen Pal - Newbie

After updating to Win. 8.1 my VivoTab Smart ME400C became mute (NO sound).

Several related messages here advise downloading new drivers. Any downloading is a risky operation, and for me - a computer dummy the more so.

Below is a copy of the download procedure from the ASUS site, but I need more details, and I ask very thankfully to explain these steps more, especially A) When should I execute the "X_DriverPackage_X_Customer.exe" before or after the download?, B) What is the sense of the step 2 - is it a way to a second download?, C) When is a Reboot made?, D) How to check the data in the step 3, where should I find the PREVIOUS data to compare the new with?

I would also appreciate the knowledge - Which of the three downloading servers is closest to the USA Southeast

All in all, I ask to help with more, as possible, detailed instructions and I think such details will hell many besides me.

Many thanks for attention

Version V5.0.0
    Copy Link
    Description ASUS ViviTab Smart ME400C_DriverPackage_5.0.0_Customer
    Steps of update: (please make sure unit had power more than 50%)
    Step 1 please execute the X_DriverPackage_X_Customer.exe
    Step 2 There is log in “C:\Windows\Logs\ASUSDriverInstall.log” after initialing “X_DriverPackage_X_Customer.exe”.
    (There is no error occurred while initialing command successfully.)
    Step 3 Checking the version of driver、BIOS and firmware after system reboot to make sure such information are correct.
    File Size 46,21 (MBytes) 2014.01.07 update

Download from Global (DLM) Global P2P

6. will567

will567 Scribbler - Standard Member

a} what you download is the driver package, so you run it after downloading,
    b)just a way to see what versions of updates have been installed, kind of unnecessary as long as the one you do install now says that it finishes installing.
    c) if I remember right, you usually are prompted to reboot the tablet after the download is installed. For some reason, my tablet often hung up on this, so I decline the reboot, just powered off and restarted.

7. Nedorosl

will567

Many thanks for your response!

After I downloaded and installed the driver package my tablet regained its voice.

Do you know what else did the driver package affect?

8. will567

will567 Scribbler - Standard Member

I think graphics driver was updated, not sure what else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

9. Nedorosl

There appears all the time and most frequently on my VivoTab Smart ME400 an importunate ad from Asus that its Web Storage Sync Agent has a new version to update.

As I understand I have already from Win. 8.1 a Web storage SkyDrive and may not need the additional Asus Web storage.

To get rid of the bothersome Asus Web storage offers I uninstalled the Web Storage Sync Agent application from the tablet and its icon from the Start menu (using steps from my Win 8 for tablets book). But the bothering offers of Asus Web Storage continue as frequent as before.

Being a computer dummy I am asking very thankfully your help in understanding:

A) Am I right - that I do not need (or that it is of no great use) this Asus Web Storage Sync Agent?

B) If I do need it or may use it for good - is it safe to download it (I am always very reluctant to download anything not to get into troubles)

C) If I do not need it - how to get rid of these incessant ads, that in addition are very stubborn in resisting their closing.

Many thanks for attention

10. GrahamButler

GrahamButler Pen Pal - Newbie

Factory reset - but no access to Charms !

I need to perform a factory reset - screen calibration now unusable. Can't find a way to do this.

Any advice please?