ASUS VivoTab Smart ME400C - Problems Thread

Discussion in 'Asus' started by eugenekim618, Mar 27, 2013.

1. joff81

joff81 Pen Pal - Newbie

Asphalt 7 didn't work on mine before windows 8.1 update !!!

2. te71se

te71se Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm getting the black screen issue more and more lately, seems to have happened after the install of Windows 8.1 and/or the update the latest drivers from Asus. When the tab is plugged in to power I have it set to not turn off/go into standby but the screen is set to turn off after a while, after trying to wake it up the screen will go black but you can see the back light and you can touch the windows button and hear it click etc so the tab is still indeed running. The only way I can get video back is by holding down the power button to force it off and then restart it. Sometimes I notice when I move the mouse it has a glitchy looking square where the mouse cursor should be.

3. cocute

cocute Pen Pal - Newbie

Solution is back to drivers driver 9.14.3.1117
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asu...c-until-ms-update-figures-out.html#post345182

4. JohnF1938

JohnF1938 Pen Pal - Newbie

How did you disable secure boot. I can get to UEFI Firmware Settings and Start Up Settings but then have no keyboard function to change the settings. Also I can get via Volume - and the Power Button to Windows Boot Manager and Enter Setup but have no keyboard functon to select.

Regards
    John

5. JohnF1938

JohnF1938 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having problems booting from usb. It would be helpful if there was a list of the settings required & the procedure require.
    Regards John

6. patrickmoo

patrickmoo Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone!
    First of all I'd to apologize about my english, grammar etc.
    I already bought vivotab me400c, wifi version and actually everything is quite alright but I have got some problems with main camera.
    Exactly my point is, that every images has discoloration on green, I know, there is a some options to change kind of photo, but I have regular without anything.
    I hope, that anyone will know what I meant and be able to help me ;)

Best Regards Patrick

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  7. Grandma

Grandma Pen Pal - Newbie

I need help quick! My ASUS ME400 tablet running Windows 8.1 works fine EXCEPT that I can't charge it. I tried the original charger that came with it, a generic one only used once (and worked the first time), but when I plug it into the tablet's micro USB port, it says plugged in, not charging. I always plug it in overnight so when I need it, it is ready to go, but the other night, it did not fully charge. This morning it was charged and I used it most of the day but then it got down to 10% battery left, so I plugged it in and usually can keep working with it plugged in. The plug is not tight in the micro USB slot and if bumped, it stops charging and I'm not aware of it unless I get the message that battery level is low. So if I shut down and let the charger plugged in, I won't know if it's charging or not until the next morning. If the blue light is on, then it charged, but if the yellow light is on, it didn't charge overnight.This is a real pain and inconvenience. I refuse to call ASUS tech support because a) it's past warranty and b) every time I call them, they tell me the same thing no matter what the problem: Do a whole system restore. NOOOOOOO way! I did that twice and it didn't fix anything (for other issues) and it's a time-waster reinstaling software and files. I need to know what to do about a plug not staying tight, and that's all. Has anyone else had this issue? I can physically jiggle the plug and sometimes it starts charging and sometimes it doesn't. But I have to have it setting somewhere that I don't have to move it because if I move it, I won't know if it's charging once it's shutdown. I also tried a different outlet thinking my surge protector might have gone bad but it doesn't make any difference!

I need to get my tablet charged because there's only one micro USB plug on my tablet and I also need that to plug in a USB port hub so I can use my mouse, flash drive, etc. I have an adapter that splits so I could use the hub and also have the ac power plugged in, but it won't charge unless it's directly inserted into the micro USB port on the tablet. So that means whenever it's charging, I can't use my mouse which I desperately need to do some things. Touch screens are nice but you can't do everything with them. You still need a mouse for some things,

8. dhofar

dhofar Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm using Samsung adaptor rated @ 2amps after a week of my purchase! Simply its original charger not powerful enough to charge while working unless it's under low load where Samsung could go alot more ,, if u insist to use its charger make sure to reduce down the brightness along with low system use .,regarding the micro USB charge not fitting properly try to use another USB cable

9. OzRob

OzRob Pen Pal - Newbie

Ummm...I'm not sure what help you're expecting from this forum. It seems obvious from your post that the micro USB port on the tablet is broken/defective. Basically, to solve your problem you need to get it fixed - so take it somewhere and have it repaired.

10. PetePierson

PetePierson Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello Everyone,
    Battery life was down to 7%, so I charged it until LED was white. Logged in and noticed the left side (mini USB port & speaker side) was very warm both front and backside. I figured it was just because the tablet had been charging (maybe 3 hours).

Now, I can barely hear any audio with sound to 100%. Any chance the battery melted the speaker?
    Stupid question, I know but have no idea what else could have happened as I had full audio last night.

Edit: Audio works fine using headphones & all drivers up to date according to Device Manager.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014