ASUS VivoTab Smart ME400C - Problems Thread

Discussion in 'Asus' started by eugenekim618, Mar 27, 2013.

1. jboby93

jboby93 Pen Pal - Newbie

So far I haven't noticed the black screen issue after playing with a fresh Windows 8 install on my tablet. There was one time it did occur, but it went away relatively quickly. Surprisingly, as soon as I took the tablet out of the case it started working again.

I looked further into this, and there are certain 'pressure points' near the bottom of the tablet's front (left and right of the Windows key), that if you push on it a certain way, the screen glitches out briefly. I'm thinking there might be a loose connector or cable under it, which maybe the case I had on was agitating. So it very well could be a hardware problem. Since removing it from the case, everything on it has been perfect. If you have a case and the same problem, try removing the case.

As for Windows 8.1 Preview and battery issues, maybe it's just because it's the preview edition? It's a pre-release OS, so there's probably still bugs in it. Try Windows Update, or messing with your power options a bit.

2. Dimitris

Dimitris Pen Pal - Newbie

Can somebody tell me which of drivers I have to download from asus website because I downloaded one and the problem ''Plugged in not charging'' is not fixed!!!!! I'm asking because they have many drivers and I don't know which of them are the right one!!!!:confused:

3. maxwolfie

maxwolfie Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys, I have an issue where my ME400C seems to drop all bluetooth connections at random times, usually every 5-10 minutes.

I have a clean (non Asus) copy of Windows 8 installed, which is fully updated.

Any ideas?

4. RedBokke

RedBokke Pen Pal - Newbie

I have had my ASUS Vivo Tab Smart ME 400C for 8 weeks, in that time it has frozen several times, refused to boot up, crashed whilst using skype (without the video), Would not let me enter text in some areas of the screen, became sluggish every few minutes whilst writing someone a message, would not let me start up skype, had to be put back to default (manufacturers) settings 3 times to get it to work, each time I had to re install the new Office 365 and skype and any other apps I had installed.

This last time I had had enough, I am working in Kazakhstan and I need a communication device as well as my Galaxy Smart Phone, I could not last night start it up, I was concerned because my passwords and login credentials were saved for several bank accounts and credit cards, do I trust repair men with this? certainly not ASUS anymore, I needed it to be reliable and this tablet was not, maybe I could use it as a new bread board, however I trashed it. I will never buy anything from ASUS again, I have always bought HP and Toshiba.....I have to buy a new notebook tomorrow in Amsterdam, thank you ASUS for wasting 8 weeks of my time and 450 GBP ($720).

A very disruntled ex Tablet user.

John

5. RedBokke

RedBokke Pen Pal - Newbie

I forgot to Mention that My Bluetooth never worked, I ended up emailing myself pics from the office PC to my email and reading it on my tablet.....

I think someone has cursed me............

John

6. te71se

te71se Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok where do I start.. I've had this thing for about 6 months and I had issues from day one where I sent back my first unit for replacement after it would frequently 'repair' my installation of windows when trying to turn the thing on. I honestly think these devices are just broken from day one and the problem is I don't know if it's the Asus hardware at fault or Windows 8 which is causing it.

The biggest issue I have with the replacement is I will often find it turned completely off when I pull it out to use it, despite sometimes putting it to sleep moments earlier. One time I was just sitting it down on the desk and I noticed the display went off (but my iPhone was still plugged in and syncing via iTunes and charging at the same time) and nothing would get it to wake up again so had to hold the power button down and restart the damn thing. The bluetooth is buggy and makes the bluetooth mouse I am using jittery and often unresponsive for moments at a time despite the transleeve keyboard/mouse still working during that time, or sometimes it will just decide that neither the separate bt mouse and the transleeve will work and I have to either restart the device or disable/enable bluetooth.

I've always had the 'plugged in, not charging' fault but didn't really worry much about it as it would still charge up (slowly) over night when not using it. And now just recently after updating to Windows 8.1 (unsure if it's related or not) but the lower right hand side of the screen is unresponsive to touch but will sometimes come right, so don't know if it's a Windows 8.1 thing or how the screen is held or the case is twisted a certain way.

Either way I dread using this thing these days as it's just a pain in the ass to use. It just simply is a half-baked product and can not truly be used as a tablet, more so a problematic Windows PC in a small form factor. I have seriously gone off Asus products now, especially after using a friends brand new Asus laptop (ok so it was a cheap model) but even from new it had issues with the worst of it being an unresponsive track pad (and why do manufacturers insist on making the buttons part of the track pad itself, you cannot keep the cursor still when trying to left or right click!)

7. cocute

cocute Pen Pal - Newbie

if i connect my Asus Vivotab Smart to my tv fullhd LG with hdmi out not works, tv not detect any input,
    is possible problem is cable hdmi + microhdmi adapter?
    With my android mobile sony xperia P this cable works correct and show in tv.

Thanks

PD:
    problem solved, my problem is cable,
    Cable HDMI-Minihdmi + mini to microhdmi adapter not work
    Cable HDMI - Microhdmi works ok

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  8. ColtB45

ColtB45 Pen Pal - Newbie

I stupidly wiped out my windows recovery environment partition and need the partition info for it. Particularly the GUID/type and attributes. I believe it's unique to facilitate the push button reset [power up arrow].

Would someone with a ME400C be so kind as to run the following commands and then provide me with the results. The partition I am interested in is the 300 - 350 MB one, not the 8GB recovery partition.

From a command prompt with administrative privileges:
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    select partition 1
    detail partition
    select partition 2
    detail partition
    select partition 3
    detail partition
    select partition 4
    detail partition
    select partition 5
    detail partition

As an example of what the results should look like, as well as to help to anyone who may have done something similar, I have included the info on the EFI and Recovery partitions.

EFI
    Code:
    DISKPART> detail partition

Partition 2
    Type    : c12a7328-f81f-11d2-ba4b-00a0c93ec93b
    Hidden  : Yes
    Required: No
    Attrib  : 0X8000000000000000
    Offset in Bytes: 315621376

Volume ###  Ltr  Label        Fs     Type        Size     Status     Info
      ----------  ---  -----------  -----  ----------  -------  ---------  --------
    * Volume 1         SYSTEM       FAT32  Partition    100 MB  Healthy    System

DISKPART>
    Recovery
    Code:
    DISKPART> detail partition

Partition 5
    Type    : de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac
    Hidden  : Yes
    Required: Yes
    Attrib  : 0X8000000000000001
    Offset in Bytes: 53904146432

Volume ###  Ltr  Label        Fs     Type        Size     Status     Info
      ----------  ---  -----------  -----  ----------  -------  ---------  --------
    * Volume 2         Recovery Im  NTFS   Partition      8 GB  Healthy    Hidden

DISKPART>
    Thanks,
    ColtB45

9. vfrmaverick

vfrmaverick Pen Pal - Newbie

Windows button stopped working after 8.1 preview update. Its software related too as I can hear a ding when I touch it

10. aalvico

aalvico Pen Pal - Newbie

I am using 8.1 and Live Update to 4.0, problems so far are the already known video driver (using previous driver is by now better ) and that connected but not charging (replacing the original cable apparently solved )... i installed asphalt 7 afer update and doesn't work (i thinkl is 8.1 problem).... WiFi, Bluetooth hdmi are ok.