ASUS VivoTab Smart ME400C - Problems Thread

Discussion in 'Asus' started by eugenekim618, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. will567

will567 Scribbler - Standard Member

If you're looking to play games I would not recommend this tablet. It doesn't have powerful graphics to play PC games and games from the store aren't too great. Don't worry about flash on mobile device. Ipad and iphone don't use flash and play games fine. If you want to mainly play games get a good android tablet and forget about flash issues.

2. dopaka

dopaka Pen Pal - Newbie

ty,i'm not lookin to play hard graphic games just facebook games and where i'm from an android tablet is same price with this one,with the intel atom and i think is better than an android or not?thanks again

3. will567

In that case I would recommend the Asus. It's much more reliable than android tablets, and having x86 compatibility is great. Since getting this tablet I sold 3 of the 4 android tablets I owned.

4. dopaka

dopaka Pen Pal - Newbie

can i use an usb otg cable on it and if yes when i use the otg cable i wont be able to charge ?thx

5. MichalisCE

MichalisCE Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently bought an asus vivo tab TF600T, and before I use it I applied all the updates from windows live update. I didn't know if the problems existed before the update, where the tablet couldn't wake up from sleep and the LED of the camera wasn't working. So I went to PC Settings > General > Remove anything and reinstall Windows. After that was done, I checked the updates found and there was a Firmware Update. I checked the Wireless Adapter's driver version (5.93.97.76) and I played with the tablet to see if the problems exist before the Firmware update. It was working perfectly along the LED flash. I did several sleep test and nothing happened it was working. I then updated the firmware along the other updates. The drivers of the wireless adapter was updated to 5.93.97.103 and is still working with the wake/sleep modes. The camera's LED flash is not currently working (drivers problem I assume). Now I am installing one by one store updates and checking the wake/sleep modes up to now no problems. Keep in mind that during the firmware update the screen goes off several times for 1-2 minutes each time, don't panic let it to continue. Hope this will help!

6. glen8

glen8 Pen Pal - Newbie

oh jeez!

It really pains me to say this....but after having two of these tablets I've had enough.

Yep...I'm afraid they really are a poor quality product, FULL of issues. My main gripe is the screen quality. The first one had a terrible light spot lower right (oh and the screen was coming away from the glass). The second one must have 200 tiny dead pixels.

I suggest everyone tries this:

Go into a pitch black room. Not dark, pitch black!
    Disable auto brightness and set to 100%
    Load up MS Paint and fill the screen with black. Click View > Full Screen

Now look across the screen. Also hold it at an angle and look underneath the right side bezel. Both mine were coming away, and the one in the shop did it as well.

The power issue is also a major annoyance. When I click sleep, if it sleeps for longer than 30secs it crashes. The screen won't come on. I have to hold power for 30secs, then power on again.

grrrrrrr

7. donkuok

donkuok Pen Pal - Newbie

This is a very common issue with Asus IPS display, backlight bleeding and dead pixles. It also happens to their android tablet.

8. jl5672

jl5672 Pen Pal - Newbie

I had all the same problems with the first ASUS vivotab smart I had. I would try hitting the power button to turn it on and it would play games with me. I hit the button, it turns on for half a second, so right when I'm about to swipe the screen it would turn back off, then on again, and blink on and off for another few seconds until it shut down completely. I sent that model back and my new one does not do this as often. Now I am having trouble with the battery. Just last night I left it to charge for 7 hours and it only charged 20% from where it was. From 6 percent on 7-17 until now, it has taken more or less 16 hours to reach 83% charged! I tried shutting it down so it will charge without distractions, but the tablet will turn itself back on and say, "plugged in, not charging".

I read in another forum that the cpu is unable to divert enough power to the battery to charge while in normal use. This seems rather stupid to me. Did ASUS expect us to only use the tablet for 8 hours and then wait until the battery has enough charge to use it again? I agree with what was said, this does not seem like a well made tablet. And I am disappointed in Windows 8 also. I feel that some of these problems are linked to the OS and not just ASUS. I would really like to keep my tablet, but if this continues I will send it back and get an I pad. At least then I know it won't give me any problems with the OS.

9. will567

Well, ASUS doesn't make the cpu, Intel does, so blame them. The charging problem is not right. Some other user had a charging problem, had to send his back, and the new one worked fine. Sounds like you got 2 bad ones in a row, bad luck. With 8.1 preview mine runs very well. A couple of hiccups here and there, but nothing you wouldn't expect in a Beta. Don't expect an iPad to run flawless, really no device does, they all have little faults from time to time.

10. OzRob

OzRob Pen Pal - Newbie

My VivoTab Smart takes about two hours to charge from about 20% to full. So something is wrong with yours. This is not something that is a design problem. It's a fault.

Are you using the charger AND USB charging cable supplied with the tablet, or some other USB charger - the rating of the charger will make a difference in this case? I believe the original charger is rated at 2 amps.

EDIT: I can confirm that my VivoTab Smart when connected to the ASUS supplied 2A charger has no problem running programs and charging at the same time.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.