ASUS VivoTab Smart ME400C - Problems Thread

Discussion in 'Asus' started by eugenekim618, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Izord

Izord Pen Pal - Newbie

It does, I don't use it while holding very much, but when I do I use the loop.

2. eugenekim618

eugenekim618 ME400C Fanboy

Sending my baby in for RMA today. ASUS, please take good care of my ME400C!

Back to watching ST Voyager on my Samsung Galaxy Note for now....

3. arcfahmy

arcfahmy Pen Pal - Newbie

I had the same complaint until I got used to switch off my bluetooth keyborad when I'm on the go. When the keyboard is left on, any key can wake the tablet up. Wish that it is your case as well..

4. RRarere

RRarere Pen Pal - Newbie

Got me 1 of these just last week it died 5 days later. It froze so I shut it down and it wouldn't start again. So left it on the charger for the night next day still wouldn't start and was very hot by the back camera. Thinking it was a battery fault I return it to where I got it from thinking great they're going to have it for a week and try and fix it but they just replaced it for me with a new one in about 10 mins so very happy. Got it from Dick Smith New Zealand. Sorry if sounds like a ad just happy with service.

5. choongfenix

choongfenix Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys, today the lower part of my touchscreen became extremely unresponsive. Not sure what happened but i'm sure i didnt give it any bumps or whatsoever. Cant use IE cuz i can't select the address bar. Can't shut down apps cuz i can't pull all the way down, it just minimizes to split view. Any help ? Thanks

6. darkrock

darkrock Pen Pal - Newbie

If I push the power button to turn off the screen while I have some music playing, it stops. Is this normal for all Windows 8 tablets? Is it possible to let it run music while the screen is turned off?

I am using Windows Media Player to run the music. Also, some programs like Internet Download Manager seem to stop too when turning the screen off. Anyone knows whats causing this?

7. donkuok

donkuok Pen Pal - Newbie

This is normal. Win8 still not as solid as android and iOS in term of handling background jobs efficiently. It does that to save battery because WinOS requires more processor power to run as compared to Android and iOS.

8. OzRob

OzRob Pen Pal - Newbie

Windows' Connected Standby mode is supposed to allow music to play when the screen is off, as well as things like updating live tiles with fresh content, receiving email, downloading files from, or uploading them to, a website, sharing content, such as photos on a website, printing, and receiving instant messages and VoIP calls.

So in theory, the tablet should be able to do this. I don't have my Smart with me at the moment, but maybe check your power scheme settings and see if there is anything that can be tweaked.

EDIT: Also, the app you are using for music playback must support Connected Standby. It's possible WMP doesn't support this. Perhaps try one of the other music apps from the Windows Store.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  9. beachman

beachman Pen Pal - Newbie

Yepp, It's only windows store apps "Metro" thats supports connected standby. WMP is a desktop app and will die if you switch to sleep mode... Try for example use the "Music" app instead or download "App Radio" app, it will continue to play even in sleep mode.

On x86 platform only Intel Atom Z2760 (Vivotab) and next gen "Haswell" cpu will support connected standby
    You can read more about Connected standby here: Optimizing Windows* 8 Applications for Connected Standby | Intel® Developer Zone

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  10. dopaka

dopaka Pen Pal - Newbie

i want to buy one smart me 400 mainly for the flash player and a friend told me if i buy one with android some games will not work till the manufacturer will release the new version of flash player that the game requiers and also that at some point if the manufacturer will not update the flash for my tablet i will not be able to use it for the newer gamesand dfciede to buy asus vivotab smart with win8 not rt,with this i'll still have this problem?thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.