ASUS VivoTab Smart ME400C - Problems Thread

Discussion in 'Asus' started by eugenekim618, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eugenekim618

eugenekim618 ME400C Fanboy

I vaguely remember experiencing this at one point. Possibly a desktop app that is running in the background?

2. kevinxb

kevinxb Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the link. I actually tried the suggested fix(es) along with many others to no avail, including forgetting the network and manually re-adding it. Nothing seemed to fix it and ASUS was little help.

I exchanged it for a Surface RT and I have had no Wi-Fi issues at all. I was attracted to the full Windows 8 of the Vivotab but truth be told, I have a notebook with W8 I use for anything intensive. My tablet is really just a tablet so no real need for full Windows. Thanks again for trying to help, I am glad other people don't seem to be having the issue and are enjoying their Vivotabs!

3. OzRob

OzRob Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you have the Transleeve Keyboard and cover or just the cover?

4. crcram

crcram Pen Pal - Newbie

I've had my tablet for about a week now, and I have to say I'm absolutely in love with it, however I've found a few major glitches.

So far my PC has randomly and unexpectedly shut down on me several times for no apparent reason. When I try to turn it back on, the orange light blinks at me as if the battery is out even though it has plenty of battery life left. I have to have it plugged in for almost an hour before it will turn on again, and only has the message "your PC unexpectedly shut down", etc. Nothing I've tried, from pinhole resets to virus checks has helped. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Chrome seems to be very glitchy as well when using a wireless keyboard. I don't have a wireless mouse so I use the touch screen to switch tabs, but then when I try to type is reverts back to the tab I was previously on. It's also very difficult to exit out of tabs or click back or refresh. Any tips on that would be helpful as well. Thanks guys!

5. OzRob

OzRob Pen Pal - Newbie

Have you successfully done all the updates - both Windows Update and ASUS LiveUpdate? In particular you need to have the latest V1.0 drivers installed. This enhances the speed and stability of the unit quite a bit.

6. Izord

Izord Pen Pal - Newbie

I have both, but experience the self-turning on behavior just with the use of the sleeve. I rarely keep the keyboard close to the tab/transleeve.

7. OzRob

OzRob Pen Pal - Newbie

Does your Transleeve cover turn put the pad in and out of sleep when opened/closed?

Mine doesn't, but some people think it should and there's been a manufacturing fault with the magnets. With my unit, it's possible to fold and slide the cover down a bit and have the screen turn on. I'm wondering whether your screen keeps turning on because the cover is coming open a bit or sliding around when it's moved.

8. Izord

Izord Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes it could be part of the problem. I received the MOKO cover today and I'll let you know how it works after a few days.

9. Izord

Izord Pen Pal - Newbie

Using the moko cover has solved the problems I had with the device turning itself on. My battery life is now good as I expected it to be. opening or shutting the Moko case turns the screen on or off and there is none of that self-turning on that was killing my battery before.

So I spent $40 on the official 'transleeve cover' that really ruined the experience. Now I spent half that on the Moko cover and I'm really happy with the Smart Tab.

Amazon.com: MoKo Slim Cover Case for ASUS VivoTab Smart ME400 ME400C 10.1 inch Windows 8 tablet, Black (with Flip Stand, Integrated Elastic Hand Strap, Stylus Loop, and Smart Cover Auto Wake/Sleep): Computers & Accessories

10. OzRob

OzRob Pen Pal - Newbie

Glad it solved your problem. I haven't had the problems with my Transleeve that you experienced, but that cover does look tempting. I like the way you can use the loop on the back to hold it one handed. Does that work well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.