ASUS VivoTab Smart ME400C - Problems Thread

Discussion in 'Asus' started by eugenekim618, Mar 27, 2013.

1. gpstoloff

gpstoloff Pen Pal - Newbie

What kind of apps are you asking about? This runs full Windows 8.1, so you have 2 kinds of App Store immediately available -- the ASUS Vibe store, which is a software sourcer named Avantquest supplying Windows 7 compatible "Desktop" format applications, and the standard Windows 8 Store, run by Microsoft, which contains only "Metro" format applications which must conform to the MS Windows 8 design standards.

If by "main stream apps", you are referring to applications like MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Quicken, etc., these are commercial products which must be purchased through computer or office supply stores, either on-line or physical locations. There are open source alternates for many of these e.g., Apache OpenOffice(http://www.openoffice.org).

2. Darrdevil80

Darrdevil80 Pen Pal - Newbie

I mean more cheap game apps, ie . Ruzzle , candy crush etc. there's no Pinterest app nor an app for my cable company . I was told it's because it's not an android or Apple so the apps would be minuscule . I was hoping maybe for a way around it . I've since purchased an air 2 and gave the mc400 to my gf . Hence why I'm asking about the apps.

3. gpstoloff

gpstoloff Pen Pal - Newbie

Not being a gamer myself, I hadn't looked for them before. I did find a number of fairly close copies of the games my wife plays on Facebook, using Internet Explorer on her VivoTab Smart, in the Windows Store. Have you actually checked there? They're not perfect, but may be close enough.

But, you're right, many developers aren't writing for Windows 8 Metro, because it was relatively unpopular vs. iOS or Android -- and they assumed that, if you were running W8, their web sites would suffice for an app.

Oh well, that's the price we pay for being able to run any Windows 7 app on a tablet.

4. snetmcom

snetmcom Pen Pal - Newbie

Why are you using the Asus store?. You can get more apps in the Windows store. Also keep in mind that most apps are just mobile websites in application form. You don't need a Facebook, pinterest, or youtube app. Just make a tile for facebook.com etc. They function better than an app and have more features.

Games are slightly lacking, but most mobile games are junk anyways. Sign up for Steam, and look for tablet friendly games.

5. master2013

master2013 Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys i have this tablet for about 3 years now and now i face a problem, the tab do not charge anymore and does nothing, not even the orange light of low battery, he does give light of charging, but no life, is this a battery problem? Even if battery is dead shouldnt give life with the charging cable and turn on?