ASUS VivoTab Smart ME400C - Problems Thread

Discussion in 'Asus' started by eugenekim618, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Mick2000

Mick2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, so may be a dumb question. But I read on one post, some one asking if they had the the Transleve cover or the Transleve keyboard and cover. My question is is there a difference between the covers? I have the keyboard and bought a cover desperately. Now wondering if I bought the right one. Ps, after sending my vivotab smart back to asus 3 times in the early days, I can say I am very happy with it now :)
    Thanks in advance

2. OzRob

OzRob Pen Pal - Newbie

The cover is the same, ie. there's only one Transleeve Cover, but it can be purchased on it own or with the Bluetooth keyboard. I believe the bundle is often called the Transleeve Keyboard (which is the Cover + Keyboard).

If you have the right combination, the keyboard should be exactly the same size as the cover and be held neatly in place magnetically when placed on the cover. You'll find some pictures of the comb on the ASUS web site.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. tarrytownfads

tarrytownfads Pen Pal - Newbie

Can someone who upgraded to Windows 8.1 confirm that your HDMI port is working? I used to be able to connect my tablet to a projector using HDMI-SVGA adapter or to my TV using the HDMI to microHDMI cable, but no more. Also I cannot find HDMI in my Device Manager. Can you see it in yours? ASUS customer support says that there might be an issue with the HDMI driver for Win 8.1, but they were not sure... Would appreciate any help...Thanks!

4. alndks

alndks Pen Pal - Newbie

i have the same problem with the speaker. How did you solve it?

5. wishfool2

wishfool2 Pen Pal - Newbie

6. Ignas

Ignas Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi. I had a fluctuating WiFi connection so I removed the Broadcom 802.11bgn SDIO Adapter driver from my VivoTab smart with the intention to install an updated one. However, after the update (version seems to be ok) I have no internet connection at all and cannot make it work. Asus or Broadcom websites do not give that driver for download so I had dive into the web. Any suggestions to work this out?

7. jackdale

jackdale Pen Pal - Newbie

I am using a me400 with marine navigation software - Open CPN. It works well except I cannot get course over ground / heading data. Speed is available. I have used both Geolocation and Centrafuse Localizer. Neither shows heading.

Any suggestions.

8. dopaka

dopaka Pen Pal - Newbie

can someone tell me why i cant install windows media player 12 for win 8 N and KN cause someone told me that i need media player installed to connect my nexus 5 with the vivo tab via usb and also cant make it to work as a hot spot,tried a lot of programs
    thank you

9. Kelly Berno

Kelly Berno Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

Does anyone have the solution for problem number 2?
    (Besides send the tablet to asus to fix it)

10. Darrdevil80

Darrdevil80 Pen Pal - Newbie

I purchased the smart tab about a year ago . I've had a lot of the problems that many have posted about. I've had to exchanged 2 of them already . But besides all the problems ,when it's running well. My biggest gripe is the lack of apps. It had none of the main stream apps . Does anyone know any solutions to getting apps from beyond the asus App Store ?