Asus Vivotab Smart ME400 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by dinan, Jan 25, 2013.

1. mtmello2003

mtmello2003 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I bought a micro hdmi cable but when I connect it from asus to my TV (Philips 52PFL7803), the connection is stabilished by windows but no image is shared: "Data format not supported" showed up on tv...

My Asus is updated (drivers and win8.1).

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks

2. Mike__

Mike__ Pen Pal - Newbie

I found this forum while researching why my ASUS ME400C was charging extremely slowly and not at all while in use. I switched to a different USB cable and now the tablet has come to life. The charging light is much brighter; the tablet charges while in use; and the big bonus is that the tablet performs like it has received an upgraded processor.

I think I've been using faulty/poor-quality USB cables which had not been supplying sufficient current to the tablet and thus the tablet has been running in a power-saving mode, even when plugged in. I just happened to pick a good cable this time around - as I own a gazillion.

I'm using the ASUS charger that came with the tablet.

3. jlew

jlew Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all!

SO I recently had some issues with my screen rotation turning off, and it turns out it was a result of a driver turning off--HID Screen to be exact. Next to the driver was an exclamation point along with (Code 43)

To resolve this I found this solution: Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems

Hope this helps anyone needing this!

Best,
    Jason

4. Rita3888

Rita3888 Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought my tablet in March 2014 and in October 2014 I got that problem. I thought the battery was flat, so I plugged it in but it still wouldn't turn on. I tried those things, then rang customer support. The lady kept asking me to press F8--how do you do that if it won't turn on?? She could see that it was still under warranty, so I sent it back and it was returned to me with a new (?) motherboard.
    All was well until November this year, when I could only get a blue screen and an error message saying some of the files were missing. Asus said if I could turn it on, it was a Microsoft problem and Microsoft said it was an Asus problem. I didn't have any installation media and my desktop computer (also an asus, but several years old) had crashed a few days prior, so I ended up taking it to a techie and he re-installed windows 10 and even saved my files. I was ready to cut my losses and buy a new tablet, probably either Samsung or Ipad, but I'll see how long this lasts.

5. Rita3888

Rita3888 Pen Pal - Newbie

an update--the tablet is very slow and unresponsive to touch at times. I can't open microsoft solitaire.or most of the other games. If there's no improvement, I'll replace it later in the year, before I go on holiday

Another update--today, I turned it on by pressing the power button and it got to the welcome screen, then just said 'shutting down'. I tried several times and it's still doing the same thing, so I plugged it into the power socket in case the battery is flat. It shouldn't be because I charged it yesterday and I haven't used it since. It's driving me nuts, so I'm definitely going to replace it with eother an ipad or a samsung galaxy s2

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  6. macsuks

macsuks Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought a Tab Smart me400c for my parents at launch (end of 2012). About A year and a half later (Summer 2014) it stopped working. But I only picked it up recently (really busy :p) to take a look. To me, it seems the problem lies in the LCD display, as I did following: turn it on, press randomly on the touch panel; some game was opened with music playing. Only the LCD doesn't show a thing. Sometimes, it seems the backlight flashes and turns off immediately.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with it? Is it the logicboard, or the LCD, or the LCD connector cable the problem? I suspect the LCD is the culprit, but replacing it is kinda costly. But I don't want to throw $500 (launch price) away either.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  7. davidwes

davidwes Pen Pal - Newbie

Just for kicks I did the windows 10 update on my old Asus Vivotab Smart ME400. At first it said hardware not compatible, but couple months later it was compatible. I don't use this tablet and I was about to throw it away, but will keep as I learn windows 10.

Two issues:

1) it won't charge while windows is running, but that's ok because charging works when powered down

2) keep getting message to delete old Win 8.1 OS, from temp files to free space, but the operation won't complete. Assume because there isn't enough free space, as deleting first moves to recycle bin, but at least it should say "this won't fit in recycle bin and will be permanently deleted. proceed? y/n" Messages also say it will be auto deleted in 30 days. Hopefully that will work. If it never deleted perhaps can delete Win 8.0 image and format that partition for use. What program would I use to do that? Drive Manager?

I really don't need this machine as I now have a SP4, however sometimes handy when I come across something new in Windows 10 not sure of repercussions of action can test it out first on test unit.

Thanks,
    David

8. superbach

superbach Pen Pal - Newbie

Someone give me image backup asus vivotab smart please .
    I really need it