Asus Vivotab Smart ME400 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by dinan, Jan 25, 2013.

1. BOB63

BOB63 Pen Pal - Newbie

Dhofar, thanks for your reply. Yesterday I've done another test...: Disinstalled all the programs that I'de installed in the tablet. Reset the system to factory setting , charged at 100% and then left in sleep mode (without any program running and no scrinn activated ..) testing time to time the battery charging level.
    Here the results:
    01:15pm 100%
    01:24pm 98%
    01:57pm 93%
    03:10pm 84%
    05:10pm 69%
    06:00pm 61%
    So in 5 hours has lost the 40% of battery charge running just the idle process of W8. It sound quite a lot to me ....
    About the resource monitoring , also with the application running , and I'm mainly referring to Adobe reader or Firefox browser, there were not evidences of high CPU or memory usage.

2. OzRob

OzRob Pen Pal - Newbie

What is the issue? When you have the tablet plugged in it will charge only when the system isn't using the available power from the charger, i.e. when it's idling. If you're running apps or programs that ramp up the processor then you'll get the 'plugged in, not charging' message. So this message is only an issue if the tablet doesn't charge at all, even when the screen is off.

3. unoup

unoup Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you update to last BIOS version? I think this BIOS upgrade is causing the battery drain...so downgrading can fix the issue...someone has old version to download?

4. unoup

unoup Pen Pal - Newbie

I think the battery drain problem is related to last BIOS update. Bios version downgrade may resolve the issue.

5. ikop13

ikop13 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,
    I'm completely new to this but thought I would give it a try. It seems like only a small thing but its the biggest problem I have with my me400:

I can't scroll down some menus on websites (usually pop up ones with a bar to scroll down on the side, e.g. zoopla price on search, eBay further refinements in search..etc). some drop down menus which require you to touch and hold down if you were using a mouse also don't work, although I can understand this.

I hope that made sense, and has anyone found any useful ways of getting around any of it?
    Thanks v much in advance!

6. will567

will567 Scribbler - Standard Member

That's way too high drain of battery. I don't believe it's related to BIOS update, or a lot of people would be complaining. Still, you could try installing older version. I think since it was like that when you got it as a replacement, it has a bad battery.

7. demonknight9

demonknight9 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone. I have just acquired the ME400C and overall really happy with it. I have a couple of questions that you might be able to answer. Is the driver package for the me400cl also compatible with the m400c? Is there a hack or a driver that can enhance or boost the volume on the tablet? The volume is ok in some applications or media online but others are just too low. I'm still running windows 8 and I have no intentions of updating to 8.1 as it doesn't bring anything new to the table. I like the tablet and find myself using it a lot more than my iPad. I would love to install asphalt 7 or 8 but it looks like it doesn't work for windows 8. At least it doesn't work for me. Asphalt 7 is a no go, quitting to the metro interface after launch. Asphalt 8 loads and works but everything is green when you are racing although the menus are ok.

If anyone can help I appreciate it. Thanks in advance

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  8. bdiganta

bdiganta Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks... Samsung charger worked for me...was having the problem of "plugged in, not charging".....looks like the problem is resolved now....

9. garyten

garyten Pen Pal - Newbie

The issue is I would like to charge the tablet while using it so when I leave my desk, the tablet is charged up and ready to be use on the move.

10. Stephen1973

Stephen1973 Pen Pal - Newbie

As for charging while using and on the go I have one of these Anker 2nd Gen. Astro3 12000mAh External Battery it works flawlessly + charges faster the my mains chargers. Amazon always have cracking deals on these at around £36 RRP is £140 or there abouts.