Asus Vivotab Smart ME400 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by dinan, Jan 25, 2013.

1. will567

will567 Scribbler - Standard Member

2. OzRob

OzRob Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't see how this would allow you to charge the tablet while using peripherals at the same time. Do you have this working on your tablet? If so, can you give details on how you've connected it to both charge the tablet and use peripheral devices on the micro usb port simultaneously?

3. will567

will567 Scribbler - Standard Member

I misunderstood, thought you wanted to use multiple USB devices. Don't know if it can charge and use a peripheral simultaneously.

sent by Nook HD+ using tapatalk

4. cocute

cocute Pen Pal - Newbie

I have try and is possible use a simple hub usb to recharge tablet and use rest of ports usb,
    but only works if connect al cables before power on tablet, if connect after power tablet not works charge. (I dont now what is this reason¿?)
    2013-11-18 08.44.13.jpg

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  5. vfrmaverick

vfrmaverick Pen Pal - Newbie

New bios is out. So far can't tell a diff

6. davidwes

davidwes Pen Pal - Newbie

I saw the new bios, but haven't installed it yet. I would like an approved by Asus upgrade to 8.1 that doesn't involve the steps posted to go back to older version of graphics driver.. Sticking with 8.0 for now.

7. einari73

einari73 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, this is my first post here and sorry if my english is not so perfect ;)

Yesterday I got my ME400CL back from CZE. It did not turn on so they change this: ME400CL MAIN_BD._2G/CLV/EU/AS

What I want to ask is what kind of car charger you use? Just only some Car plug 2A or?
    I used Samsung galaxy tab plug before, but it stopped working just before as Asus tablet stop working. Coincidence?

Now I ordered this: New 5V 2A Car Charger adaptor for Asus Memo Pad Smart ME301T ME400C Wifi ME400CL | eBay

8. cocute

cocute Pen Pal - Newbie

i have try and new BIOS not fix graphics problem of 9.14.3.1168 drivers :mad:
    back to old 9.14.3.1117 drivers

and not fix problem to recharge and use others ports USB at same time if not plugged before power on tablet

9. OzRob

OzRob Pen Pal - Newbie

It is very unlikely that any USB type car charger can cause damage to your tablet. So yes, probably coincidence.

I use a cheap USB charger I bought off eBay - no name generic brand. Does the job well. So will the charger you linked to.

10. cocute

cocute Pen Pal - Newbie

Finally with new drivers 9.14.3.1177 (21-11-2013) of windows Update problem graphics fixed