Asus Vivotab Smart ME400 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by dinan, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottXe

ScottXe Pen Pal - Newbie

Is it possible to sync the Google Calendar with Windows 8 built-in Calendar App? Thanks!

2. tmn

tmn Pen Pal - Newbie

Google locked sync calendar and contact to acc Microsoft

3. NeoX

NeoX Pen Pal - Newbie

yes you can.

Go to your gmail calendar. Calendar settings -> Calendars. Then click on the calendar you want. In the private access. Right click the Ical button and save address. Now go to outlook.com, calendar setting and import a calendar and paste the URL there.

Woahlah gmail calendar onto your outlook calendar :)

Cheers

4. bounty123

bounty123 Pen Pal - Newbie

However the changes you make on the tablet won't sync back to gcal, so this is not really a gmail calendar sync, just a one time export. Not the same at all, unfortunately. I'm missing the good old sync a lot, smart move from google to discontinue active sync, nice marketing push towards android tablets.

5. ScottXe

ScottXe Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your advice. I followed your instruction and tried to right click the ICAL button and save address. I right clicked the ICAL button and there are two choices: Save link as... and Save image as... Which one you want me to choose?
    Thanks!

6. ScottXe

ScottXe Pen Pal - Newbie

Google may kill themselves - Apple unplugged Google Maps and got very bad response of their decision. Now, MS acknowledge the customers trend of using tablet and create a new OS meeting customers' need. Once they build up the app store as big as Apple and Google. Where do they go? If the customers still keep their services with Google, they may not die immediately, otherwise they may speed up their death. Customers only follow the best functional software and they do not care who produce it. Google has proved iOS is not the must OS and now MS is proving Google and Apple are not the only options. Another example is What'sApp. If they still stick to mobile phone platform, Skype and Line will replace it easily as soon as they improve their performance as good as What'sApp since they are multiple platform and very versatile to the customers.

7. ScottXe

ScottXe Pen Pal - Newbie

I am at loss who is right. Assuming that there is no official sync between both parties, is there any 3rd party software to fill the gap. I really need to sync each other since my work email is using Google and my phone syncs with it perfectly. I cannot move to Outlook.com for the time being.

8. NeoX

NeoX Pen Pal - Newbie

yeah it's 1 way sync but I do most of my stuff on gmail calendar (2 android devices) so it works for me. Don't really post stuff on my outlook calendar yet. But yeah that's 1 way to circumvent the restrictions. Doesn't do everything but does what I want it to do :)

9. OzRob

OzRob Pen Pal - Newbie

There is no current solution to sync Google calendars to Outlook calendars or the Windows 8 Calendar app. Microsoft has stated that it will provide CalDav support in a future update, but there's no real indication of when this will be. Third parties can't easily get around this limitation because the support for Google's calendar sharing API is not available in Windows, so they simply can't read the data. In the meantime all you can do is the one way sync described in previous posts, or just view the Google Calendar in your browser.

10. ScottXe

ScottXe Pen Pal - Newbie

I just updated the MS Silverlight. When I selected webcam and mic tab in configuration, the system locked up until I forced it to reboot. Is Silverlight incompatible with ME400C?