Asus Vivotab Smart ME400 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by dinan, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illidanx

illidanx Pen Pal - Newbie

Translation: "So the problem is, 15 to 30 minutes after I plugged in a 3G USB stick, the tablet's screen keep flashing continuously and I cannot do anything with it. The only solution is to hold the power button to shut it down and then restart. I have upgraded to bios 0403 but the problem still persists. If anyone has experienced this situation, please help. Thank you very much."

Personally I have not used any 3G USB stick with this tablet so I cannot say anything.

2. dagman

dagman Pen Pal - Newbie

please help if anyone can, iv forgotten my new password on my vivotab smart and i cant log in and all im stuck on is the log in screen! i havnt got the keyboard either, so my question is, is there a way i can factory reset it or anything else i can do before i really have to send it in back to asus?

sorry im new to this as i always had my ipad.

3. dagman

dagman Pen Pal - Newbie

or could i connect a normal keyboard? if so how can you do it with the micro usb?

4. bounty123

bounty123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Try this method, it should work - ASUS suggested it to me before i sent them in my device to RMA. But mine had much bigger problem, it could not power on at all, so i didn't try this.

Hold down volume down while powering on the machine. In the following menu you can navigate with volume up/down, select wipe data.

You can also connect a regular usb keyboard with a usb otg cable (I am not aware of any existing micro usb keyboards), which costs like 1$ on ebay. You can also use this later on for any usb drives or other devices.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  5. dagman

dagman Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks, but when you boot holding down the volume button you get only two options:

WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER
    ENTER SETUP

enter setup is practically just the bios settings and thats it. So if i got a USB otg cable and connected any basic usb keyboard up would the vivotab smart just pick it up as a normal keyboard?

6. bounty123

bounty123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry to hear that it didn't workas asus suggested. I will try it also at home on my device later.
    Yes the tablet would recognize the keyboard with the otg cable just as any other notebook would any usb keyboards.

Another idea. Weren't you using your microsoft account on the machine? If so maybe you could reset it online on another machine and then log in on the tab with the new password.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  7. dagman

dagman Pen Pal - Newbie

ok beautiful, so how would i go about now doing a factory reset on my asus vivotab smart? like how laptops do it back to factory condition like out of the box?

8. tmn

tmn Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, you can use keyboard normal from usb OTG

9. dagman

dagman Pen Pal - Newbie

sweet, how would i be able to do a factory reset with the keyboard? thats one good step forward, now the next on how to get a factory reset started?

10. dagman

dagman Pen Pal - Newbie

anyone know how to do a factory reset when i cant get passed the login menu?