Asus Vivotab Smart ME400 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by dinan, Jan 25, 2013.

1. dotnetarchitect

dotnetarchitect Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the TranSleeve with TransBoard keyboard too. The sleeve properly connects to the tablet. However, I also experience the problem that on the left side of the sleeve the magnets appear missing. The right side clicks together when I fold it in position, the left side does not click however and is more loose.
    This looks like a bug to me. What good would it be to only hold the parts together on the right side but not on the left side. This really should work on both sides, on both sides makes sense only on one side does not. I tried another set in the shop and it had the same problem. I expected it could be a faulty batch but the problem appears to be bigger / more wide spread (I bought the TranSleeve + TransBoard in the Netherlands).

More people having this problem with the Transleeve? Any reactions from Asus?

2. vfrmaverick

vfrmaverick Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea I documented the problems in this thread including the position of all the magnets and of the sleep/wake receiver on the tablet. The magnets are maybe 1.5cm off from where they should be for it to function but not strong enough either way to keep it from flopping around.

3. Izord

Izord Pen Pal - Newbie

I think those little magnets are giving this thing a bad reputation. It's sad, because the device would be really nice otherwise.

4. OzRob

OzRob Pen Pal - Newbie

The Smart ME400 doesn't have an active digitizer screen, so you won't get a proper 'inking' pen to work with it. Any pen for capacitive screens should work, though. The Adonit Jot is reputed to be pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. bounty123

bounty123 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just received my vivotab back from RMA (problem was that the device would not turn on at all). Asus replaced the motherboard, so it must have been some serious issue. Working fine now, hopefully for long.
    Btw. I had to update and reinstall everything from scratch, and I'm glad to report that liveupdate worked flawlessly, no problems whatsoever.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  6. Steve G

Steve G Pen Pal - Newbie

I purchased 2 tab smarts. i am experiencing the same issue regarding output to the hdmi port. on both units it does not work. as of this date both have been returned to asus for repair. their tech support standard response was to have a total refresh of the software. that did not work. i will update this board when i receive the tabs from asus. steve

7. eugenekim618

eugenekim618 ME400C Fanboy

That's the FIRST thing they ALWAYS say. Do a refresh, or restore to factory settings. SECOND...do an RMA.

Finally decided to part with my ME400C and send it in for RMA. Tired of fighting to get it to turn on randomly, and rebooting to get rid of the "no battery" status so that I can actually determine how much battery I actually have.

8. shohel

shohel Pen Pal - Newbie

hi anyone have issue with screen flicker on vivotab smart? my vivotab smart work fine without any issue. i have found this screen issue twice in last two weeks. screen started flicker and I closed all running apps but no result. when I restart my tab everything goes fine again. I don't know why this started or is it started after I install or update any thing or for any particular apps I have no clue.

9. wael

wael Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm not having the same problem but I'm having a low resolution, Movie with that resolution won't start.

I hope there is a solution for that, nothing much on display settings can be done.

10. v1c10u5

v1c10u5 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all,
    I've been following this forum since i bought my me400c (love it) 3 weeks ago and it's been really useful and informative.
    I got a few questions that i haven't found answers to here or anywhere else.

I put my tablet in Sleep mode (Settings-> Power -> Sleep) last night and when i woke it up in the morning the battery went down from 84% to 54%! Is this a normal thing? Is there an option to save battery while in sleep mode or do i have to turn it off every time i'm done using it??

Has anyone found a gps navigation app (metro or 86x) which supports offline maps and can connect to the tablet's gps ??