Asus Vivotab Smart ME400 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by dinan, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eugenekim618

eugenekim618 ME400C Fanboy

If your tablet is plugged in, may not need power. Especially if you are connecting flash memoey, keyb, mouse. But doesn't hurt to have a powered hub. Less stress on the power supply through the tablet.

2. eugenekim618

eugenekim618 ME400C Fanboy

Glad you got things going without me! Sorry I wasn't able test the win 8 usb booting for you in time!

3. igorrj

igorrj Pen Pal - Newbie

What kind of problem you had to upgrade from win 8 to win 8 pro?

4. code72

code72 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi to all,
    i have a question for who installed Win 8 from usb: is your Bios version 0403? I ask that because since i upgraded Bios to 0403 version i can't boot from USB, can somebody with Bios 0403 try to boot from usb pen?
    Thanks in advance.

5. code72

code72 Pen Pal - Newbie

EDIT: I tried with Windows 8 installer from usb pen and it starts but i can't boot from this: https://01.org/android-ia/downloads/2013/android-4.2.2r1-ia0
    i'd like to try android in dual boot. It looks promising

6. Farbod

Farbod Pen Pal - Newbie

No problem at all Eugene, you helped me very much & I'm thankful. ;)

Your USB storage's file system must be FAT32. I don't know whether it is possible to boot via NTFS drive in this tablet, or not, but I tried NTFS without success, therefore tried FAT32 which was OK.

Press & hold volume (-) key, then press and hold power button till a menu appears. use win touch key & volume keys to navigate & enter your storage.

My bios version before installing win 8 pro was 0403 and I strongly think it must be the same now!

7. code72

code72 Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't boot from usb created following this guide: https://01.org/android-ia/documentation/quick-start

8. jpearn

jpearn Pen Pal - Newbie

On the upgrade to Win8 Pro I went with just adding the serial for my copy via the 'Anytime upgrade', then the key for WMC, a couple of reboots and done ! No need for re-installing ;)

9. vfrmaverick

vfrmaverick Pen Pal - Newbie

It doesn't have to be plugged in at all. the hub draws powermfrom the tablet. sure if you use it a lot itll drain your battery

10. Izord

Izord Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello from New Mexico. I live in the U.S. about 45 minutes north of Juarez Mexico.

I bought the Vivo Tab Smart (me400c) last week and found this forum and thread yesterday, Hope I'm not too far behind.

I have an OTG cable, powered hub, USB keyboard and legit copy of win 8 pro that I've put on a usb flash drive ready for installation.

I have the drivers for the Tab downloaded. I've updated the LiveUpdate, but I'm not able to connect to Samsung's server/network.

Right now I just want to update my BIOS. I've downloaded the folder BIOS_0403. Unzipped in contains install.cmd,
    ME400C.CAP
    me400c.can
    ME400C.inf

I've tried a few things but don't know how to install the BIOS.

Is there a simple way to flash the bios?

I also want to do a full install of windows 8, but for now just want to get the bios installed.

Thanks, Izord