Asus Vivotab Smart ME400 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by dinan, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Scribbler - Standard Member

Man I have not been able to get LiveUpdate to work. Can someone grab the latest 0403 BIOS?

2. Zoidy

Zoidy Pen Pal - Newbie

I logged a support cal via the UK ASUS website (and sent photos of the problem with the cover) and got a response back from them. they basically want me to send in the cover under warranty repair!

I think I'll just return it to the shop instead. Not paying £50 for something that is not built correctly and needs repairing.

3. vadimpelau

vadimpelau Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't think they'll repair it. You'll most likely get a new one.

4. drfish

drfish Pen Pal - Newbie

...and that new one won't work because its a tablet problem. You could in theory have a tablet that is correct and a cover that isn't but based on the evidence I've seen so far its a tablet problem that you can fix in less than 5 minutes by modifying the cover. When I contacted Asus about the problem (with the knowledge that having three tablets/covers gave me) they told me to send in the tablet. I declined and fixed it myself instead.

5. Zoidy

Zoidy Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah but it's not just the hinge that's the problem. The wake function on the tablet is in a different position and the cover doesn't stay stuck on one side when folded into a stand.

6. sequoia464

sequoia464 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got in my cover and keyboard, haven't opened the package yet - do ALL of the covers and tablets not work together??

7. Loccy

Loccy Pen Pal - Newbie

Where did you get one in the UK from?!

8. vfrmaverick

vfrmaverick Pen Pal - Newbie

Tried the zagg invisible shield. The screen was so unresponsive I returned it. I'm not someone to return things ever but this was ridiculous for a damn 25 dollar protector. I'd expect that out of a 2 dollar eBay one.

9. Zoidy

Zoidy Pen Pal - Newbie

An ebay seller based in Dorset. They seemed to have a few.

10. vfrmaverick

vfrmaverick Pen Pal - Newbie

I got to play with the surface and while its got a very big want factor I still cant justify the gains for price when a full amd a8 desktop can be had for the price difference. Is it faster? A bit, just enough for you to notice. But I wonder if that was more due to internet speed than actual tablet speed. Its smaller than I expected. And the covers are junk and so is the stand since it only props in one angle. I'm glad I got this instead