Asus Vivotab Note 8 VS. Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Smax, Sep 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jb82

jb82 Scribbler - Standard Member

Maybe business was more your calling!

2. jb82

Really like my vivotab. I'm even selling my surface pro 3. You can really live with the minor issues of the vivotab with the price of these. Used to have an ativ 500t and would not go back and I have also tried the thinkpad 2 and sent it back. The vivotab is much, much snappier.

3. Smax

Smax Pen Pal - Newbie

So I get that you're all in favor of the vivotab, but for some reason I'm still not fully ok with knowingly ordering a faulty unit. browsing the web revealed how wide spread are the problems with this unit of vivotab, and not only the Pen failure issues. Its kinda off putting in a sense.
    As the options for a +- cheap wacom device are narrowed to 2 devices, I'm still wondering if the legging problems with the lenovo Tablet 2 are fixable.
    I was thinking that maybe the problems with performance on this product are because of the settings favoring tablet run time instead of performance. maybe switching the settings to performance, the legging problems would stop. what do you think? has anyone tried it already?

4. jb82

Upgrading to windows 8.1 is supposed to improve the lag a little. However the tablet itself is limited by the hardware - there is little else you can do to improve it. Many are happy with how the tpt2 performs.

You could always try out the tpt2 from a retailer with a good return policy.

For note taking you'll be happy with the tpt2 as it doesn't struggle with this. I was unhappy with the web browsing speeds. I like to multitask though so it depends on what you want to do.

Are you set on a windows tablet? For your price range if you are not keen on the vivotab note I'd consider the samsung note series which are wacom but run android.

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Toshiba is rumored to be releasing an 8" tablet with Bay Trial quad atom power and an N-Trig pen. It will likely be less than the AVN8. It might be an option for you.

I hear your reluctance about the M80TA. I don't blame you. But, you asked for opinions and my opinion is that the TPT2 is not really an option. I owned a Fujitsu N2600 dual core atom, which was a precursor to the Clover Trail. It was better than the Silverthorn in my Slate 500 but it pales in comparison to my AVN8. IMO, the TPT2 option is no option.

Mesosphere likes this.
  6. Daviddzs

Daviddzs Pen Pal - Newbie

Lenovo is ok

7. Smax

Smax Pen Pal - Newbie

thank you all, I've made a purchase of the asus note 8, along with a surface pro pen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.