asus vivotab note 8 USB broken? Here's how to fix.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by darkblu12, Oct 13, 2014.

1. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Finally, I updated my order, and bought 5.
    In addition, it works for charging but also for data transfer.

Bronsky likes this.
  2. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'll only need 2, my AVTN8 and my husband's AVTN8. My phone charges wireless.

3. thierryb

I just broke the micro usb of my second AVN8
    The AVN8 dropped from less than 1 meter high directly on the port, with the cable inside.
    Fortunately, I bought 2 boards last time
    So one was always available.
    10 mins, and the board was replaced
    This time, I did not broke the front camera.
    And I just ordered a new board, for the next time.

4. CannibalFerox

CannibalFerox Pen Pal - Newbie

One quick question I have now removed my Backcover, what are the next steps? I haven't found an disassembly video through google/youtube... :( I see the screws but there are also a few flex cables etc.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  5. thierryb

You have to remove the screws, including the ones of the speaker. You can let the cables of the board. You will bend them a little bit to access the usb board, and remove its screws. Then you will have to detach the cables that connect the camera and the brightness sensor. Et voila.

6. CannibalFerox

CannibalFerox Pen Pal - Newbie

I was a bit afraid because I couldnt get the second one off, but after removing the speaker completely it worked then I could bend the logic board up enough. Quick question, it seems like my pins (in the metal frame) are to low. Because if I put in the cable first and then the musb pins it works :D but after pulling the cable out the "outside" pins are again touching the bottom and the "hole" for our cable is like 1mm high. If I want to put the cable in it pushes the outside pins and it will never connect. Does anyone have a suggestion? (I ordered the spare part but it costs me like 55€ for this one thing -.- and I ordered it almost 2 weeks ago but they say I have to wait even 2 weeks more. So pricey + have to wait long for it lol! And it is all because I ordered a microUSB to HDMI (MHL) adapter but as a hub. And I havent seen anywhere that this hub has a 12 pin instead of 5 pin microUSB standard o_O wasnt mentioned in the title or in the instruction lol)

7. RolloTheViking

RolloTheViking Pen Pal - Newbie

Did anyone ever end up finding a part distributor in the United States? I've contacted all the Asus repair centers and Asus directly and no one can sell me that board.

8. harko

harko Pen Pal - Newbie

got the replacement board. usb was totally destroyed. put in the new board. tablet wont start. didnt unplug the battery (was not in the instructions in this thread) while doing replacement. now unplugged it for a few mintues then reassembled. same. pressing power gives 3-4 white light flashes, nothing else. bricked? suggestions?

9. thierryb

I did it twice even three times, the second time I made a mistake, I used the broken one of my first AVN8. I never unplug the battery. And it was working at the end. I can not help you. Perhaps can you try with the broken board to see if it works except usb.

10. harko

harko Pen Pal - Newbie

Fixed it, one of the contacts was not connected.