asus vivotab note 8 USB broken? Here's how to fix.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by darkblu12, Oct 13, 2014.

1. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Awesome pic! Thanks for taking it.

The board's part number is the last one on the sticker:

60NB04G0-IO1030
    Titled as: M80TA IO_BD./AS

And this is a part that can be bought.
    One preliminary place which has it (in the EU): http://www.asusparts.eu/en/partfinder/Asus/Notebook/M Series/M80TA#PCB

Expand the PCB section. It's the second one down in that section.

As for a place in the US that might have it, that might take some doing to find. Let me see what I can come up with... unless someone knows of a place in the US that has it.

You can email Impact Computers in Florida. They stock a bunch of Asus parts (including parts for the Vivotab Note 8) and may not have listed them all. www.impactcomputers.com

Be sure to give them the Tablet's model number M80TA, manufacturer part number, and brief description of the part (PCB: micro USB, headphone jack sub assembly). You can even include the competitor link above letting them know that there are a number of US owners looking for the part.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
    atranzy and Mesosphere like this.
  2. atranzy

atranzy Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your help mate! I'll try to look if there's anyone selling the part in Australia. (I'm Australian) IF, not, then I'll go for the EU seller. Thanks!!

3. Yaku

Yaku Pen Pal - Newbie

atranzy, once you'll obtain the new part, can i ask you to post your steps on how to fix our little jewel, please?
    i would really appreciate that

4. atranzy

atranzy Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered it today, I'll keep this thread updated!

Yaku likes this.
  5. atranzy

atranzy Pen Pal - Newbie

This is my adventure....

So I bought this tablet a while back of the sole purpose of sketching digital stuff on the go, while also sporting a fully fledged Windows 8 operating system. The USB port was always tight but I thought nothing of it....until that sucker decided to break off the pcb... But anyways, after a loooooooong adventure through the interwebs....I came up with nothing. Taking a hit to my pride, I asked for help on a public tablet forum and one of the friendly dudes over there linked me to a replacement PCB.

As you can see, the port totally gave up on me...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A sticker on the PCB supplied the part ID and a QR code

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This particular PCB part number was :

60NB04G0-IO1030
    Titled as: M80TA IO_BD./AS

There were no online Australian merchants so I had to make do with a European seller. The link to this part is http://www.asusparts.eu/en/partfinder/Asus/Notebook/M Series/M80TA#PCB and was second from the bottom in the PCB section.

After a short lifetime, the part finally arrived at my doorstep.
    [​IMG]

I attached the on-board speaker and camera and placed it into the tablet, a perfect fit.
    [​IMG]

Screwed in all the little buggers.
    [​IMG]

LO AND BEHOLD, IT CHARGES
    [​IMG]

Okay I'm pretty damn happy at this point and I hope this will help everyone else that has this issue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    fishdavis, AnnAAyms, graki and 5 others like this.
  6. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

It sucks that this thing seems to break a little more often than it should (even ignoring the pen issue), but the geek in me seriously loves that it can be DIY fixed. Not only is it super easy to open, but the availability of replacement parts seems more common than your typical tablet.

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

This would be great to nail down. The USB port is a real weak spot of the M80TA.

8. snoxu

snoxu Pen Pal - Newbie

Don't mean to high jack the thread, but looking at Asusparts.eu it seems the battery can be purchased.

Don't want to risk opening mine ATM but I'm wondering how hard or easy it would be to replace it.

9. Yaku

Yaku Pen Pal - Newbie

@atranzy i've just ordered the same item, can i somehow know when it'll be delivered?

10. atranzy

atranzy Pen Pal - Newbie

I live in Melbourne, Australia. I ordered it on the 2nd of December and it arrived on the 30th of December.