Asus VivoTab Note 8 Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'Asus' started by dstrauss, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pchan

pchan Pen Pal - Newbie

2. diazlaz

diazlaz Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for sharing what were the steps used to better calibrate the digitizer. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

3. giantqtipz

giantqtipz Pen Pal - Newbie

I copied and pasted the line into the command promo

4. netkillercat

netkillercat Pen Pal - Newbie

Zero Weight Keyboard

tip
    the best keyboard . been using this keyboard for years is just the best keyboard i have every used .

squib and fishdavis like this.
  5. M4he

M4he Pen Pal - Newbie

To prevent the random "Slide to shut down" screens after waking the device from standby via the power button, I did the following:

DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for any loss of data or damage to your system/device as a result of the following procedure. Use it on your own risk. If you follow these steps carefully, you won't cause any damage though, since it is completely reversible.

1. Take ownership of SlideToShutdown.exe using the following procedure:
    1.1. Navigate to "C:\Windows\System32\"
    1.2. Locate "SlideToShutdown.exe" and right-click -> "Properties"
    1.3. Under the tab "Security" click on "Advanced" then next to "Owner: TrustedInstaller" on "Change"
    1.4. Type your Windows username in the box and click "OK"
    1.5. Click on "Apply" and close all dialog windows until you are at the "System32" folder again
    1.6. Again right-click "SlideToShutdown.exe" -> "Properties" -> Tab "Security" -> "Advanced"
    1.7. On the bottom click "Add", then "Select principal", type your Windows username in the Box and click "OK"
    1.8. Enable "Full control", click "OK" in all remaining dialog windows and confirm all warnings with "Yes"

2.1. Make sure you have file extensions displayed (i.e. ".exe" etc), if not enable the corresponding checkbox in the "View" menu of Explorer or in the folder options
    2.2. Rename "SlideToShutdown.exe", for example to "SlideToShutdown.exe.bak"

3. Restart your device. The "Slide to shut down" should never accidently appear again when waking the device from sleep.

6. giantqtipz

giantqtipz Pen Pal - Newbie

Whoa thats weird. Not all of my texts were.. posted.

Anyway i copied and pasted the line into the run prompt, and i get an error. I think its because the line is for a different resolution, not AVTN8?

7. M4he

M4he Pen Pal - Newbie

I've created a calibration script for the AVTN8 in landscape mode: ASUS VivoTab Note 8 Advanced Stylus Calibration - Pastebin.com

Just copy and paste this into notepad and save it as a .bat file, then execute it.

Please note that this calibration will create a permanent calibration that can't be removed via the control panel at first.
    To make it removable please open regedit and navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HID\WCOM0004&Col02\*\DeviceParameters" (* are some characters, path after 'HID' may vary - just look for an entry called "LinearityData") and rename the entry "LinearityData" to "UserLinearityData".
    You can then reset the calibration via the tablet pc settings in the control panel as usual.

Kumabjorn, BlueWRXPride and fishdavis like this.
  8. fureien

fureien Pen Pal - Newbie

I noticed when buying that the german seller offers like 5 different types

Cystal
    Glossy
    Anti glare
    Matte
    Plain

And they also offer a variety mixed pack. Maybe you got that one

9. seamonkey

seamonkey Pen Pal - Newbie

Does this really work? Because If I accidentally tap a crosshair improperly (slightly to left or right) it gets worse than before unless I tap all crosshairs exactly in the middle.

10. smellon

smellon Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried using the bat file but it gives me an error with the linear registry key. I also renamed the registry key but nothing changed.

My apologies, I went through my registry searching LinearityData and just deleted the keys and folders. That fixed it.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.