Asus VivoTab Note 8 Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'Asus' started by dstrauss, Feb 27, 2014.

1. OzarkCDN

OzarkCDN Pen Pal - Newbie

This might be in the thread somewhere, but I couldn't find it in a pinch... but I have a mess when trying to do a clean W10 install and the hang that other's have reported at 38%ish or so. and unable to complete a boot after forcing a restart. My recovery SD was fubar so followed advice from here and advice from that thread to the program disk imager to make a new microSD.

1. Make the SD card or install the one you got with the device in the micro sd slot
    2. Power off the device (hold down the power button until it shuts off :) )
    3. Hold down power until blue LED by the selfie camera comes on
    4. Let go of the power button for a split second (quickly! or you have to start at #2 again) and then hold the power and volume up button down (the button closest to the power button). That should pull up your recovery disk.
    5. Go to Recovery / See advanced repair / Troubleshoot / Reset your PC / pick your option.
    OK - at this point, you should be good to go, but my tablet was honked severely because my bad W10 install and no administrator account was active. If you have this, then you should be able to do what I did and go to the advanced options and look for the factory reset option.

fishdavis likes this.